08

"Regina."

It's 2am on a Tuesday night. When I open the front door, the person I least expect is Regina George.

She's soaking wet as the rain pours over her. If it wasn't for the porch light, I wouldn't have been able to notice that she was crying.

I grab her hand and pull her inside. She stands by the door as I help her take off her soaking shoes and socks. She follows me upstairs to my room where I find a hoodie and shorts to give her.

Regina doesn't say anything except for a soft "thank you" before going into the bathroom to change her clothes. When she comes back, I drape a fuzzy blanket around her before I try talking to her.

"Why are you here?" I ask in the most sincere voice I can pull off right now.

"I.. I don't know.." She sniffles. "I got upset and you were the first person I could think of to go to.."

"Does your mom know you're here?" I ask, gently brushing her tangled wet hair with my brush.

"She knows I left, she doesn't know I'm here." She explains.

I sit on the bed and look up at her as she stands before me. "Why were you upset?" I reach for her hand.

Regina shrugs. "Can I.." She motions to my lap. I raise my eyebrows in surprise but I nod, she sits down on my lap and faces me, resting her head on my shoulder. I hesitantly wrap my arms around her waist, not wanting to push boundaries.

"What's wrong, Regina?"

"I feel like I'm losing everything.." She sniffles. She's about to cry again. "I don't know what to do, Elle. Ever since I tried helping Cady fit in, everything went wrong so quickly."

I sigh and lift her head with my fingers. "I don't know how to help.." I whisper.

Regina looks into my eyes and gulps, pulling herself off of my lap and she begins to pace my room. I watch her for a moment before walking over to her to steady her but she shakes her head.

"Don't." Is all she says.

"Why not?" I ask, not knowing what she means.

Regina sighs and covers her face with her hands. "Elle.. I.." She looks at me and shrugs as tears fill her eyes. "I think I like you more than I'm supposed to.."

My eyes widen and my breath catches in my throat. "..what?" I say weakly.

Regina huffs and slides down the wall to sit on the floor. "I don't want to be like this.." She begins to cry again. "It's terrifying, Elle.. I don't know how you do this."

"Regina, I.." I can't find any words to say.

"First I lose my friends and popularity and now I'm fucking losing myself." She wipes her eyes. "I'm insane for feeling like this."

"No. No you're not." I sit in front of her on my knees and hold her wrists in my hands. "It's scary to admit it to yourself but it's okay to like boys and girls, Regina.."

She scoffs, "Not in my life. You don't even know who I am, Elle. Everyone already thinks so low of me, this would make it even worse."

That's not how she meant it but that hurt.

"So you think low of me because I'm a lesbian?" I ask, pulling away from her. "Is that why you stopped being friends with Janis too?"

"No. Elle, that's not what I meant."

"Why did you come here tonight, Regina?" I ask her more strictly this time as I stand. "Be honest."

She stands up too, right in front of me. Our bodies press against one another and my hands find her face in the most natural way. Hers meet my waist. "Because I like you, Elle. I couldn't sleep because I keep thinking of you. All I ever think about is you."

Our eyes lock as my thumbs caress her face, "You'll ruin your reputation." I warn her as we get dangerously close.

"Kiss me." She whispers.

I waste no time and slam my lips against Regina's. We stumble backward until her back meets the wall and our bodies press firmly together. Her lips are so soft and so warm.

I'm first to pull away, wanting to know if she's truly okay with doing this. I know how I feel, I want this. I need to know how she feels.

"Don't stop.." She says quietly.

Our lips meet again, this time in a deeper kiss. Our tongues glide together slowly, trying to remember each other's tastes since this will never happen again.

Her hands, that are on my waist, begin pushing me backwards toward the bed. Her lips find my jawline and her fingertips skim over my stomach.

Before we get on my bed, I push her away slightly but still keep her close.

"Regina I.. I never did this before.." I admit shyly.

She smirks and tucks my hair behind my ear, "Don't worry, I'll take care of you."