23

Regina gave me a black bikini to wear. I never liked wearing two pieces but when I tried it on, the look she gave me told me that I needed to wear this one.

I'm in the pool with Karen as Regina and Gretchen are on the deck sunbathing. One thing about Karen is that she doesn't know how to swim. Thank god the pool isn't deep enough for her to sink, her feet can touch anywhere.

"Regina, come on!" Karen shouts from the shallow end of the pool, desperately trying to get Regina into the pool.

One thing about Regina George is that she refuses to step foot into water unless she absolutely needs to.

"No thanks, I'm good up here!" Regina shouts back, making Karen pout.

I swim over to Karen and smirk, "I know a way I can get her in here."

She gasps, "How!"

"Just watch."

I climb out of the pool and walk over to Regina, purposely blocking the sun from her which makes her open her eyes and sigh. "Love, you're blocking the light. I'm trying to tan."

"Come swim with me." I say.

"Elle, I do not swim."

I huff and look back at Karen who waits patiently in the pool for her friend to join her. "Regina.." I decide to put on a fake pout.

Regina looks at me and sighs before getting out of her chair and standing in front of me. She looks me over before smirking, "Fine. But you owe me later tonight."

I grin and place my hands on her waist, pulling her in so our warm bodies meet. "Of course." I mumble before leaning in to kiss her lips.

The next thing I know, someone is screaming and I am torn away from Regina. I look around and see June George staring at me and Regina like we are insane.

"What are you doing with my daughter!?" She shouts at me. I give her a confused look, unable to find words at how sudden this all is.

Then I get slapped.

"Mom!" Regina shouts.

"Regina, get inside!" June shouts at her daughter. "Now!" Regina looks at me as if she's about to cry before running inside, Gretchen and Karen follow her as Gretchen's parents walk outside.

"June, what is going on?" Gretchen's dad asks.

"She was kissing my daughter!" June shouts.

What the fuck? Does she not know about Regina and I? We've been together for six months.

"Alright, calm down. Everyone head inside." Gretchen's mom announces before handing me a towel. I quickly wrap it around myself before heading inside.

Gretchen's parents, Regina's parents, me, and Regina all sit at the dining room table. I keep my eyes lowered but I can feel Regina's gaze on me.

"Care to explain why you were kissing my daughter?" June asks me ask she snaps her fingers, making me look up at her.

"Mrs.George.. Regina and I have been-"

"Close friends.." Regina chimes in, cutting me off. "We've been very close friends for a while.. we were playing truth or dare with Karen and Gretchen. Karen dared Elle to kiss me.."

I look at Regina as my lip quivers. She never told her parents about us and now she's lying about us.

"Is that true, Elle?" Regina's dad asks me in a softer tone than what June was using.

I hesitate. I glance at Regina but she refuses to look at me now, feeling the guilt of this situation. I gulp and slowly begin to nod. "Yes sir.."

"Alright then." He says with a firm nod. "I'll be taking my daughter home now, Roger." Regina's dad says to Gretchen's dad. He grabs Regina's wrist and pulls her out of the house, June George immediately follows.

I frown as tears fill my eyes. I quickly excuse myself and walk outside to try and calm myself down.

"Elle.." A soft voice says from behind me. I turn around and see Gretchen's mother, Leah, standing behind me with a soft grin. "That wasn't the truth, was it?"

I feel my lip quiver as tears fall, I shake my head no. "We've been dating for six months.." I say before I can't stop myself from crying.

"Oh, sweetheart.." Leah says quietly before embracing me in her arms. I sniffle against her shoulder. "Come on, I'll drive you home."

___

The entire drive was silent. Leah didn't push for anymore questions, she just let me cry it out.

Now I'm curled into a ball in my bedroom, not wanting to talk to anyone. Regina called twice, I ignored it. My mom tried talking to me. Even Cady tried talking to me before they all gave up.

She never came out to her parents. She never told them about our relationship. June just thought we were close friends.

Close friends who were each other's prom dates.
Close friends who were constantly cuddling.
Close friends who made it obvious that they were dating.

Or.. at least one of them did.

Was it all a game? Did she even like me to begin with? I truly cared about her, but I guess I was a fool.

"Elle, Regina is on the phone.." Cady says as she stands in my doorway. "She wants to talk to you."

"I don't want to talk to her." I say as I turn onto my opposite side, facing my back towards Cady.

"She said she won't take no for an answer, it's important." Cady says with a sigh.

"Our relationship was important too but she didn't care." I mutter. "Now get out of my room."

"Elle, she's your girlfriend, just talk to her!" She begins to raise her voice now.

I get out of bed and walk up to her before grabbing the phone and immediately hanging up on Regina. "Not anymore she's not. Now get out!" I slam the door.

I immediately crumble to the floor in a sobbing mess as realization creeps out onto me.

I lost her.