The Epilogue

The wind howled fiercely, carrying the salty spray of the crashing waves as they pounded against the rugged coastline. The sound of sirens reverberated through the night, their haunting melody echoing in the darkness. In the midst of this tempestuous scene, a lone figure stood before a towering lighthouse.

The stranger, clad in a long coat and a broad-brimmed hat that concealed most of his face, approached the lighthouse door with a small boy who appeared the same as him in clothing. He may be around 4 or 5. With a creak, it swung open, revealing the dimly lit interior. The room was filled with the soft glow of the rotating beacon, casting long shadows against the stone walls. The stranger stepped inside, his footsteps muffled by the sound of the raging storm outside.

Upon entering the main room of the lighthouse, he activated a button on the radio, filling the space with a melodic tune. It was “ O Sacred Head, Now Wounded “ by Hans leo hassler and Johann Sebastian Bach. “O Sacred Head, Now Wounded” is a Christian Passion hymn based on a Latin text written during the Middle Ages.
As he entered, his eyes fell upon a weathered list hanging on the wall. The list bore the names of four individuals: Vihaan Veer Singh, Damien Vincent David, Darren Vincent David, and Edward Robert Braithwaite. With a twisted grin, he produced a pen and began ticking off each name, one by one.

Within the realm of secrets and enigmas, the significance of these names was veiled in shadows, their true nature obscured by a cloak of mystery. Yet, a common thread emerged among them—they were all linked to the lighthouse, a beacon that held untold secrets within its weathered walls.

Vihaan Veer Singh, a seasoned sailor, had met an eerie fate, swallowed by the sea under peculiar circumstances. The waves whispered tales of his disappearance, tales tinged with intrigue and unanswered questions. What happened to him amidst the tempestuous waters? The answer lay hidden in the depths of the ocean’s embrace.

The Vincent David brothers, figures of both renown and infamy, cast an enigmatic presence over the coastal community. Whispers swirled like dark currents, hinting at their involvement in clandestine affairs. What secrets did they guard within their enigmatic hearts? The murky tendrils of rumor only deepened the mystique that surrounded them.

Amidst the tangled web of intrigue, Edward Robert Braithwaite, a reclusive artist, had mysteriously vanished, leaving behind an empty canvas of unanswered queries. What inspired his withdrawal from the world? His absence echoed through the halls of artistry, a haunting reminder of the enigma that consumed him.

As the stranger’s smile widened, a malevolent gleam danced in his eyes, sending shivers down the spine. And yet, there was an unsettling familiarity that lurked within his presence. In the lighthouse’s chamber, where the names ticked away like an ominous clock, a sinister purpose lay hidden. What was his connection to these individuals? What secrets lay dormant within the lighthouse’s labyrinthine corridors?

In the midst of this mysterious tableau, a small boy also smiled, an innocent face reflecting a curiosity tinged with a hint of darkness. His presence added an extra layer of intrigue, for children are often the unsuspecting conduits of secrets and revelations. What did he know? What part did he play in this cryptic narrative?
As the wind whispered haunting melodies and the lighthouse stood sentinel against the encroaching night, the truth remained elusive, concealed in the depths of this enigmatic tale. With each turn of the page, the drama deepened, the mystery thickened, and the thrill of the unknown beckoned us further into its captivating embrace.
The stranger saw the wall of the lighthouse where hung a framed photograph capturing a joyful moment—a group of young children, including a 3-4 year old boy, posing by the poolside, their faces beaming with innocence and friendship.