49

Chapter 49: SurpriseAsami and Satoru arrived to his car and the woman was shook back to see one of those luxury ones

Asami and Satoru arrived to his car and the woman was shook back to see one of those luxury ones. However, a laying person inside caught her interest. She leaned down to the window and squinted her eyes to get a better vision only to see the spiked pink hair.

"Is that..Yuji?" Asami questioned with her finger pointed towards the boy and a confused look on Satoru. "It's a surprise party! I thought the 'surprise' part was pretty obvious." He spoke and walked over to the driver's seat.

This idiot really placed him to sleep, just like when they met. Asami thought to herself and opened the door of the backseat.

Satoru looked at her strangely. Before he could speak anything else, she was already inside. Just as he sat in front of the wheel, Asami carefully took Yuji's head and placed it into her lap while his leg rested on the floor.

Satoru glanced at her in the rearview mirror and noticed her soft smile as she was looking down to sleeping Itadori.

The drive to the house was quiet. Even when Satoru started a conversation, Asami did her best to quickly get out of it. Itadori peacefully slept, but was lightly shaken awake by the redhead.

He sat up rubbing his eyes as his eyes were still shut. "M-Mom?" He mumbled out before his vision cleared. "Oh, Suzuki-Sensei? Where.." He glanced around the car and back to her, "Where are we, exactly?"

Itadori hasn't even noticed Satoru's presence before he gave his blindfold to the redhead which she took. "Do you trust me?" Asami spoke. Itadori suspicious by her question still nods.

She extends her hand to him, "Here. Put this on. No questions, just trust me. You won't regret it."

Itadori's lips slowly parted from each other as he exchanged glances between the blindfold and Asami; who had a side-curved smile on her face.

Yuji took the blindfold and placed it around his eyes. The two take him out of the car and Asami leads him carefully inside with Satoru in front. "Don't let go of me, please." Itadori whispered worryingly as he held tighter on her forearm.

The three step inside the house and Asami was shook by how giant and luxurious it was inside even when it was dark. Do all the sorcerers have this kind of money? She thought to herself and ordered Itadori to take off his mask.

"SURPRISE!" The lights turned on, revealing the whole house covered in balloons and a giant flier that was on the balcony stairs, rolled out, which had Itadori's face on it with a sign 'Happy Birthday'.

Asami noticed all of her students gathered with birthday hats and trumpets in their mouths. Even Maki and Megumi had one.

Itadori's face lightened up as so did Asami's. Satoru watched them from the side as their faces lit up.

Yuji turned to his sensei's, "Is this for me?!" He exclaimed. Satoru nods while Asami's eyes still sparkled on the decorations, wanting to get a look of each and one of them.

The next thing she knew, she was picked up from the floor into a tight embrace by Itadori, being squashed with Gojo. He really got stronger, I suppose. She thought.

"Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!" Itadori kept repeating happily before placing them down and running over to his friends.

"They really did their big one." Asami spoke and broke the silence between the two. "Yeah. I remember when he first became a vessel..when I told him he was going to get executed.."

The theme took a turn really quickly. Asami's face fell into a sad one and she glances towards the white-hair who kept his gaze on the happy faces of their students.

Asami glanced back to Yuji and the wide grin on his face. "No." She spoke. Gojo turned his head to her and she does the same with a determined expression.

The two kept their glance on each other. Their eyes connected, like a pair of hands came from then wanting to hold one another.

Asami turned her head back to the students. "One year ago, I did everything to be the one to execute Yuji. Just like you said, he is a nice kid. No teenager got so close to me, except the Second-Years and Megumi. So now," She lets out a chuckle before facing Satoru's eyes once again,

"I'll do everything to kill the ones who will try to harm Yuuji." She spoke in a harsh tone as the words rolled off of her tongue with such ease. Satoru knew she would do anything for those kids. He also would do anything for them, but most importantly, he's going to keep his promise.

He's going to do everything to keep Asami safe. Even if that means risking his own life.