40

Chapter 40: Love triangleThe next few weeks have been

The next few weeks have been....decent for Asami. Satoru kept visiting and stood by her side most of the time, when he didn't have business with the Jujutsu World. Asami was sent on a time-out by Yaga, her tantrums and protesting not working on him.

Asami was already in the 1st trimester of her pregnancy where she began to feel nauseous and noticed her tender breasts. Her hormones have been going through the roof as she cried every time Satoru had left her apartment out of guilt of him still not knowing. Thankfully, Yaga had overworked his mind which in result, Gojo didn't notice any change in his girlfriend's body and attitude.

It was the day of Asami's appointment and she trusted no other doctor than her childhood friend and teammate, Ieiri Shoko. Shoko kept the secret in Asami's request, her being the only one who knew from the start.

Ieiri lifted Asami's shirt and placed the cold Ultrasound gel on top of her abdomen. The sorcerer took a deep breath in reaction of the coldness before Shoko pressed a small, hand-held device against the area being studied and moves it as needed to capture the images. Asami had her eyes on the screen as she felt her heart racing at the sight of the fetus who was about the size of a grain of rice.

"Oh my god...I really am carrying mini Gojo inside of me." Asami whispered in shock, receiving a chuckle from her friend. "Let's just hope they won't exactly be the same. I don't know how you'll survive with two Satoru's." Ieiri spoke with a smile and a breathless chuckle from Asami.

Asami had her eyes still on the screen as Shoko removed the gel off of her stomach. "Speaking of Satoru, why isn't he here with you?" She spoke, taking off her gloves as Asami sat up.

A silence passed through the room and a guilty sigh from Asami. Shoko who was about to lit her cigarette stopped, "You didn't tell him?!" She mumbled out with the rolled tobacco between her lips.

"I just...don't know how. Every time I tried, he was called back into the school. There is no right time since Yaga overworked him when he placed me on my days off." Asami spoke. Shoko lit her cigarette and carefully listened. She pulled the smoke in her, inhaled it before realising it towards the side and not into the red head.

"It's better to tell him soon, Asami. The sooner, the better. I understand the guilt and frustration of what happened past weeks, but no one could help you except Satoru." She took another inhale and tapped the smoulder into her ashtray.

" It's always been like that. Ever since we were young: when you were stressed, you talked with Satoru and instantly felt better. You might have not noticed it, but I did..it was the same with Suguru. When he left us, you were the one he wanted to take with him...not because of your power, no, but because he felt his stress ease when you were around."

Asami felt a lump in her throat at the name of her deceased friend. Asami might not have realised, but Shoko was right. The red head was stuck in a love triangle between the two best friends. Even when Geto switched sides, he was always careful not to attack Asami with full force when they fought. The woman realised it all just now, connecting the pieces and her mind travelled to the year where Satoru defeated Toji and Asami, who was a teacher to the Second-year students.