48

Chapter 48: ChangesFew days have passed and Asami went through her days as usual, not wanting to Gojo and Mitsuda to feel the satisfaction of them hurting the red head

Chapter 48: Changes
Few days have passed and Asami went through her days as usual, not wanting to Gojo and Mitsuda to feel the satisfaction of them hurting the red head. The Suzuki wore a cover on her lower half of face, covering her red and snuffy nose.

She acted as she does every day, keeping a calm, cold and stern expression with the same tone. She didn't talk when there wasn't any necessary reason to and she kept her chin high, especially passing by the two when Satoru always was filled with guilt.

It was the day of Itadori's surprise birthday and Asami had decided to give him a cursed tool similar to Maki's Slaughter Demon that he had destroyed.

Asami carefully took off the previous make-up she had worn and glanced up to herself in the mirror. Dark circles were surrounding her eyes with a tired expression on her face. She hasn't slept for days. All she had focused on was work and missions to distract herself from...well, everything and everyone.

With a sigh, she placed the foundation onto her skin and spread it around her face with her palms.

"You really don't look good." Rin broke the silence in their heads. Asami exhaled and closed her eyes, her palms still on her face. "I'm fine. Nothing I can't take." She lied.

"Asami, I'm worried. Not just because you're my vessel, but-..You need to get some rest, love."  Rin admitted in a sad tone. Asami simply shrugged her off and kicked her out of her thoughts.

"I'm fine!" She stated, trying to force a smile only for it to fall with a sad sigh. "I'm fine..."

After finishing her make-up, she chose out a simple outfit that didn't show much of her belly; straight blue jeans and a pitch black blouse that was tucked in. She placed her hair in a braid that was let loose over her shoulder with two bang strands in front.

Asami took her mask and stared at it for a second in her hands. However, her thoughts were interrupted by a knock on her door which made her squeeze the cover in her hand and bring it to her chest as she glanced over her shoulder. Not activating her techniques to sense whose cursed energy it was, she simply opened the door and her eyebrows widen from shock.

Someone she'd last expect to be standing in front of her. With his tall, slim figure, black blouse with the same coloured jeans, released spiky white hair and black sunglasses that covered his eyes.

He cleared his throat after pulling himself from scanning Asami's curved figure and sculptured face. "Good evening, Asi-" Just as he began to speak, her mouth shut close and her expression turned into a dry one.

"What the fuck are you doing here, Gojo?" Asami gritted out through her teeth, her grip on the door-handle tightening. Satoru was a bit shook back by the use of his last name come from her mouth as he wasn't used by it.

However, what else could he expect? That she would be happy that the man she lost her virginity to, is now back to the same player he was? Although, Gojo very much liked to be in the center of attention and would use this situation to express how he felt after seeing her share a special communication with Kento, he knew what he did brought the end of them both.

Satoru cleared his throat again as he brought his fist up to his mouth. "I'm sorry to come here..unexpectedly." He started awkwardly and let his hand fall to the side.  With a sigh, he gave up and simply asked; "Can I drive you to the house?Everyone is already there and Yuuji is in the car, waiting."

Asami noticed his point. She didn't know where he lived, she could get lost and probably attacked. But that's not what brought her attention. It was his expression and body language. Satoru stood there sadly with his head lowered with a sigh that he expressed on giving up.

"Okay." She stated. "I knew you wouldn't agree, it was stupid- Wait, did you just say..'okay'?" Satoru began quickly but stopped, when her words hit his head. Asami nodded slowly.

"Yeah. I don't know where your house is." She simply shrugged as her grip on the handle fell. Asami felt relaxed in his presence although he was the one that caused her this non-sleeping pain.

"Right." Satoru said. Asami hummed with a soft smile before shutting the doors into his face. The white haired was shook back by this sudden reaction.

Asami held her belly and steadied her breaths. "I beg you, baby, no pain tonight." She let out with an exhale. The red head straightened herself and  glanced towards the mask that she placed on her desk. It all started with it. The cover she had worn when she was reunited with Satoru in high school. She had worn it every single time when being around him. When she was in love with him.

However, the love was slowly fading away. The moments, hugs and kisses were now just a painful memory to remember. The words that had he spoken to her which made her scream inside of excitement, were now just...simple words.

Many people had proven that their involvement in their lives could easily separate them. Well, that was how Asami felt.

But with Satoru? His love for her only grew stronger than it did before. His heart ached seeing her with the cold expression and not a real smile caused by him since that day. 

Even though, she was now resembling much to Megumi, he had missed her silly statements like Yuuji's. Her unwavering spirit just like Nobara. Her confidence and leadership like Maki. Her special sense of humour like Panda, And her calmness in serious situations like Inumaki.

He loved her with the same heart that he loves his students who grew closer to the both of them. They together taught them everything they know now. Not Satoru and Mitsuda, not Kento and Asami, but her and him. Just the two of them. The strongest sorcerers in the Jujutsu World.

Suzuki Kamo Asami and Gojo Satoru. The Prophecy child, vessel to the Goddess of Curses, the undefeated, and the heir to the Gojo clan with the inherited rare technique ; The Six Eyes and the so called strongest sorcerer.

Asami squeezed the cover before throwing it onto her bed beside the jujutsu uniform that was placed there and the three framed pictures on her shelf.

A picture of Itadori, Megumi, Nobara, Asami and Gojo all together with smiles on their faces. On the other one were Asami and Shoko being underneath Suguru and Satoru with their hands formed into a peace sign. And on the third was the printed copy of the same picture that Satoru had. The picture from their childhood under the cherry blossom tree.