27 - Truth or Dare ☕

3rd Person POV

"We're leaving, come with us!" Poppy whispered to Juliet. "Please... this is just... too much."

"It's just a game, Poppy," Juliet whispered back.

Poppy clicked her tongue in disapproval. "Seb is going to kill you!" she said in a sing-song voice.

"I don't give a shit!" Juliet snapped.

Poppy's eyes widened as she looked right past her friend.

"He's right behind me, isn't he..." Juliet groaned.

Poppy grimaced, then slowly turned around and left the party with Ominis. 

Juliet whipped around to face Sebastian.

"Why did you come?" she griped.

"Can't a guy change his mind?" Sebastian quirked his lips into a lopsided smile. When she didn't smile back, his shoulders slumped. "Honestly Jules, I couldn't stand the thought of you with all these Gryffindor douchebags. Don't you remember how they teased you at the last Halloween party? Watching you drunkenly fall over yourself? I don't want that for you..."

Juliet huffed, embarrassed at the memory. She studied Sebastian's face as he gazed into her eyes. "You're jealous. Just admit it."

Sebastian smirked at her accusation. She wasn't wrong, but he'd be damned if he was going to admit that to her.

The game of truth or dare began. Juliet nibbled at her lip nervously, not really sure why she didn't just leave with Poppy and Ominis. That would have been the smart thing to do. But some level of curiosity and defiance kept her in place, in the tub, ready to play.

The game started as predicted – there were make-outs, some nudie runs, and a tonne of awkward confessions.

"Your turn, darling," Garreth grinned at Juliet. "Truth or dare?"

His term of endearment for Juliet earned a dissatisfied growl from Sebastian.

"Dare," Juliet said confidently.

"Hm... I dare you..." Garreth looked around the room, his eyes landing on Lucan with a smirk, "... to use a Crossed Wands spell on Lucan!"

Lucan was none-the-wiser, too busy smoking another joint, his eyes glazed over like he was off in another realm. Juliet looked over at him, feeling bad for a moment. So innocent, yet, not-so-innocent little Lucan, blissed out and completely unaware. She smiled when she decided which spell to use.

"Expelliarmus!" she yelled, pointing her wand in his direction. To Lucan's surprise, his joint flew out of his hand and into Juliet's. "You've had enough, little one!" she teased him, taking a puff and passing it to Garreth, as the others cheered.

The game continued, making its way around to Sebastian. He chose dare, obviously.

"I dare you..." Imelda tapped her chin, pondering for a moment. "To 'seven minutes in heaven' with Juliet!"

Clearly Imelda had an agenda, which was to keep Juliet away from Garreth. And to try and humiliate her by sending her off with her ex. Merlin, she had a twisted sense of humour.

"Come on, Jules," Sebastian stood up and held his hand out to Juliet, nodding toward the bathroom stalls.

Juliet didn't want to create more of a scene by turning down the dare, and she didn't want to humiliate Sebastian. She'd put him through enough tonight. So she took his hand and followed him to the furthest bathroom stall.

"We'll just keep playing while you're getting it on!" Imelda called out after them.

Juliet glanced back across the room, her eyes locking with Garreth's, as she followed Sebastian to the stall. She tried to deflect the feelings of guilt as she noticed the look on his face, like he'd just been punched in the guts.