5 - Ghosted 🌶️

SEBASTIAN'S POV

I'd been having trouble sleeping after helping Jules with her mission for Jackdaw, even after he refused to partake in her little potion plan. While I felt relief that he wasn't that daft that he'd let her do that for him, my concern about her obsession with him was growing.

How far was she willing to go?

I'd become really fond of Jules. She's a lot of fun to be around, she has a great sense of humour, and she's extremely brave and adventurous. And as a bonus, she's bloody gorgeous.

As guilty thoughts about my part in all of it filled my mind, I found myself coming down to the Common Room at first light most mornings, pacing around the room or reading my book, if my mind could focus on it.

One such morning, while I was reading my book, minding my own business, I happened to notice Richard fucking Jackdaw floating down from the girl's dormitories. I confronted him immediately.

"Richard Jackdaw!" I called out to him.

"Ah, Juliet's friend! Good morning to you, Mr. Sallow," he said with a big smile.

"Please tell me you weren't in her dorm..." I dreaded his response.

"I was just wishing her goodnight, Sebastian..."

"Did she consent to you being there?" I snapped.

His eyes narrowed at me as he floated closer. "I don't like what you are insinuating about my character, sir. Of course she consented to me being there." A sly smile formed across his lips. "She consented to a whole lot more than THAT last night."

"You wanker!" I seethed, momentarily forgetting he was a ghost as I lunged at him, falling right through his ghostly body and stumbling through the other side. "What did you do to her!"

"Well I'd say it's none of your business, but since you seem so invested, I'll answer your question, Sebastian. What did I do with her? I watched her beautiful body writhe beneath me as she screamed my name while cumming for me," he smirked.

"Ugh... what the fuck," I clutched my stomach. "I'm going to be sick."

I slumped down on the couch in shock, a lump forming in my throat.

Jackdaw's face fell, and he floated over to my chair.

"I... I'm sorry... I don't know what on earth came over me. I have these feelings of anger rising within me that I'm unsure of how to process. I think I'm jealous of you, Sebastian. You see... you have the ability to touch her, to hold her, smell her, feel her..."

"But I don't do those things with her Jackdaw, because she's too infatuated with you," I snarled.

He couldn't help smiling at that.

"You don't get it, do you?" I yelled. "Do I have to spell this out for you? Are you really that ignorant? If she falls any harder for you, Merlin knows what she'll do to be with you. You're DEAD, Jackdaw. What if she wants to... join you?" I shuddered at the thought.

Jackdaw looked like he was now going to throw up. His jaw fell open and tears sprang to his eyes.

"Oh lord, I... I never thought of that," he stammered.

"You need to end it," I demanded. "At once. She can't develop her feelings for you any further. It's too dangerous, Jackdaw. She's reckless... you know that. Her life is at stake."

"I understand..." he whispered sadly, sinking to the ground.

I suddenly felt bad for him. If his feelings for her were even a whisper of what I felt...