12 - Asking Her Out... Again

Sebastian's POV

If it was possible to fall for her even more, I certainly did after she saved my life from the Venomous Tentacula bite. I was kept in the Hospital Wing overnight for observation, (along with Imelda, who had broken her arm falling down the Grand Staircase on her way to class), but I was busting to get out of there to find Jules so I could thank her. And attempt to ask her out... again. I wasn't going to give up so easily. I had that Slytherin Ambition in me. And the Sallow Stubbornness.

After asking around, I found out she was volunteering at the Library. Classic Jules.

I wandered down into the library, and began perusing the aisles, when I heard Grace and Jules in the next aisle over from me. I peeked through a gap in the bookshelf and saw Grace pulling Jules' hair back. The scent of Jules' signature salted caramel-vanilla perfume wafted through the gap, making my heart skip a beat.

"Have you ever considered a new look?" Grace asked her. "I mean, seriously, girl. You actually have some potential buried under all this hostility."

"I have the potential to curse you, bitch. I'll transform you into a cow if you touch my hair again," Jules batted her hand away.

"Excuse me, gorgeous," I said through the gap in the books, making the girls jump. "Have you seen Break With a Banshee? I lost my copy."

"What are you doing here?" she frowned, returning to her task of stacking books back into the shelf in front of her, one-by-one. Grace gave me a knowing look and slunk off to a different aisle.

"Oh, I heard Amit was going to be entertaining the crowd with some slam poetry," I teased, stroking the spine of a book in front of me. "Couldn't miss it."

"Ugh. You're so -"

"Charming?" I cut in, hopefully.

She stared at me through the gap, completely deadpan.

"Wholesome?" I tried again.

"Unwelcome," she spat, as she picked up the large stack of books and turned to walk away.

"Unwelcome?" I questioned, as I strode down my aisle and rounded into hers, making her jump again when I appeared in front of her. "I guess someone still has her panties in a twist, hm?"

She scowled and took a step toward me. "Don't think... for one minute... that YOU have any effect, WHATSOEVER, on MY panties," she huffed.

"So, what DO I have an effect on, then?"

"Other than my gag reflex?" she raised her eyebrow and smirked. "Nothing." She turned away, swishing her long shiny auburn hair behind her, and continued to meticulously stack books into the shelves.

"You know, you're not as mean as you think you are," I goaded her. "You took care of me yesterday," I held up my bandaged hand, hoping to invoke some sympathy.

"Oh yeah?" she scoffed. "And you're not as badass as you think you are," she looked at my injured hand with a smirk.

"Hey, chicks dig scars," I held my hand up to my chest protectively in mock defence.

"From a pet plant?" she taunted, placing her hand on her hip sassily.

She shook her head and pushed past me to continue returning the books to the shelves. "I can't tell you how much I enjoy these little chats of ours, Sebastian, but in the interest of saving time, why don't you just tell me what you want?"

"I just came to check on you, see how you're doing..." I said.

She slammed the books down in front of her, finally paying proper attention to me.