13 - The Hogsmeade House 🌶️

Sebastian's POV

I didn't expect to see her again after the show, as I left before the band finished. It was a nice night, and it was too early to retire for the evening, so I went for a walk, and wound up sitting in a patch of grass behind the shops, leaning back to look up at the stars. It was a clear night so the stars were out in full force. I reflected on my interactions with Jules, I felt elated that she had kind-of agreed to come to the party with me.

Lost in thought and with no concept of time, I was genuinely surprised when she came across me in the small field.

"Sebastian?"

"Jules?" I looked up to see her standing over me. Looking behind her I asked, "Where's Poppy?"

"She went by Floo back to Hogwarts already. I told her I wanted to fly since it's such a beautiful night. I just came out here to take in the stars first..." she sat down on the grass beside me, looking up to the sky. "They're so beautiful."

"Yes, beautiful..." I trailed off, unable to tear my eyes away from her gorgeous face.

"So you really enjoyed the show, huh?" she smiled at me and nudged me playfully.

"Mmhmm," I responded coyly, smirking at her.

She let out a hearty laugh. There was no fooling her, clearly. But the fact she was sitting here with me meant she wasn't mad that I had made up this whole ruse to get her attention. We sat in silence, gazing up at the stars together. It was nice... really nice, to just sit in silence with her. I could pretend for a moment that everything was completely fine with us. Eventually, she stood up, dusting off her skirt. She held her hand down to me, I took it and she pulled me up.

"Do you want to fly back to Hogwarts with me?" she asked.

"I'd love to, Jules, but I'm actually staying in Hogsmeade tonight," I responded.

She looked around at the field. "Here?"

"No, silly," I chuckled.

"You got a room at The Three Broomsticks?" she kept fishing.

"Nope."

"Where are you staying?" she sounded slightly concerned.

"At my house," I said proudly.

"But your house is in Feldcroft..." she said, confused.

"Correct, I do have a house in Feldcroft. But over the summer, Ominis and I decided to buy a house together in Hogsmeade, since we're here all the time," I said. "That way, we can stay out late, past curfew, and not worry about getting caught. You see... they can't catch you sneaking in past curfew if you just don't return to the castle 'til morning."

She looked intrigued, but raised an eyebrow skeptically. "Are you pulling my leg?"

"Absolutely not. I'll prove it to you, if you don't believe me. Come over for a nightcap?" I held my arm out for her. She hesitated, but curiosity got the better of her, so she took my arm and we began to walk back through the village.

I could tell she still thought I was messing with her as we stopped in front of my place. I pulled the keys out from my pocket and unlocked the door, holding it open for her to walk in ahead of me. Her eyes widened as she stepped inside, looking around her in awe.

"Sebastian, it's... it's wonderful," she breathed. My chest swelled with pride as I watched her take in her surroundings. "It's so quaint and cosy," she gushed, running her fingers along the books in my bookshelf, picking up the photo frames on the mantel with pictures of my parents, myself, Ominis and Anne. She poured over my writing desk, fingering the fancy quills I kept out on display.