4 - Necromantic 🌶️

A few days went by and I didn't see or hear from JD. I distanced myself from everyone at school, sitting quietly during classes and at meal times. Sebastian tried to assure me it was for the best, but it didn't hurt me any less.

As I was just about to hop into bed one night, a note mysteriously slipped under my door. I padded over, creaking the door open to see if I could catch who left the note, but the corridor was dead silent. I picked up the parchment, which was cool against my fingertips. Unfolding it, I read the cryptic message written in delicate script, and knew immediately who had left the note.

My Dearest Juliet,
Follow the clues on this map to embark on a midnight adventure with me, tonight.
I hope you can solve my puzzle... it will be worth your while.
I promise.
Yours truly,
JD
x

My heart skipped a beat. Had he found another way for us to be together? I excitedly got dressed and fixed my hair, applied a touch of makeup, and headed off for the Forbidden Forest.

When I arrived, I pulled out the map and studied it again. I recognised the bridge in the sketch, and made my way over to it. I was greeted by a smattering of floating candles, which moved away as I moved toward them. I realised I was meant to follow them, so with anticipation coursing through my veins, I followed them deep into the forest. They illuminated the path, casting a gentle flickering glow against the darkness of the night as they danced ahead of me.

I finally reached a clearing beside a small lake, which sparkled in the moonlight. The scent of flowers filled the air. A vintage Victorian garden table and two chairs were set up beside the lake, bathed in candlelight and covered with delicious looking food. A plush blanket was set up beside it on the forest floor, adorned with cushions and surrounded by countless candles and vases filled with flowers.

"Does this please you, m'lady?" JD's voice greeted me.

"It looks like heaven," I whispered emotionally.

He floated over to the table in front of me, motioning to a chair with his hand. "Will you join me for a midnight picnic?" he smiled proudly.

I giggled as I took a seat at the table. He shared that the Hogwarts house elves helped him plan this epic meal and romantic picnic setting, "Fit for a princess such as yourself," he gushed.

We immersed ourselves in deep conversation as I ate the meal he had so lovingly arranged, sharing tales of adventures we'd been on, pondering over the meaning of life, and eventually landing on the relationship we had stumbled in together.

His hand reached across the table to gently rest on mine, his ethereal touch was cold but there was a different energy about him tonight. He gazed into my eyes, seemingly mesmerised, relishing in the deeper connection we were sharing together this evening.

"The sight of your enjoyment tonight is filling me with a yearning to bring you a different kind of joy... one we have yet to explore together..." he said in a velvety voice. "The way your lips wrap around the fork, the way the candlelight dances in your eyes, illuminating the beauty that has bewitched this ghostly heart of mine... Juliet, I can't take it anymore. I want to make love to you."

The atmosphere shifted, the forest seemed to hold its breath in anticipation. JD extended his hand to mine and guided me to the soft blanket on the floor. "I did some research of my own... I talked to other ghosts about our predicament. I learned that while we may not be able to physically engage in relations together, there is such a thing as an 'energy exchange' and, I thought if you were open to it, I'd like to explore that with you."

I was no virgin by any means, but I'd never done anything this wild before. My feelings for JD were strong, and I was touched that he had figured out a compromise. I was overwhelmed with a blend of nerves and excitement, so I laid back on the blanket with trepidation.