1 - Intro || Welcome to Hogwarts!

Welcome to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Just your average wizarding boarding school located... well... somewhere in Scotland. You've got all your regular cliques – there's the hippies and 'herbology enthusiasts' (*cough*stoners*cough*... Hufflepuffs), band geeks, nerds, art freaks and overachievers (Ravenclaws), Quidditch jocks, hipsters, adrenaline junkies and activists (Gryffindors), and the rebels, miscreants and misfits (Slytherins). Throw in your loners, class clowns, slackers, floaters and teacher's pets, and you've got yourself a typical high school – buzzing with hormones, teen angst, and all that fun 'coming-of-age' stuff. Oh, and in this case – magic.

We're starting our story in Fifth Year, because that's when a TONNE of shit went down. We'll gloss over it pretty quickly though, mostly so we can get to Sixth Year [and the Sebastian smut], where a new chapter begins. Also, because most of you dear readers whose attention I still have already KNOW the story of Sebastian Sallow, Ominis Gaunt, and our MC (and if you don't know, you should definitely go and play Hogwarts Legacy first... or just watch some YouTube vids to catch up.)

Everyone is aged up 18+ throughout this fanfic :)

FIFTH YEAR
Juliet Brooks POV

Hi! I'm Juliet Brooks, a regular Californian girl who somehow found her way to Hogwarts. Having always been a bit of a misfit, jumping from school to school every time my mum decided to pack up and move town after a shitty breakup, starting a new school in my late teens in a totally new country wasn't out of the ordinary for me. And here I was, starting over... again.

I recently found out that I'm a witch with magical abilities. Yeah, that's been a bit of a mindfuck. But lucky for me, I was assigned a sweet Professor to help teach me the ropes. Professor Fig.

After an extremely stressful trip to Hogwarts with Professor Fig, involving death, a dragon, dueling knights trying to kill me, goblins, and discovering traces of ancient magic, I'd been sorted into Slytherin. Go figure.

It was my first day of classes at school, and I'd already learned that the students of Slytherin weren't the nicest, but then again, I was no walk-in-the-park. Two of the guys stuck out to me as being... well, alright, I suppose – Sebastian Sallow and Ominis Gaunt.

"What did you say your name was again?" Ominis asked me, pointing his blinking wand in my direction, as I was introducing myself to Sebastian.

"Juliet. Juliet Brooks," I smiled shyly and held my hand out, quickly dropping it to my side when I realised he was blind...

"And where are you going for your first period this morning, Jules?" Sebastian queried me.

"Umm, it's Juliet," I corrected him as politely as possible, looking down at my feet, feeling a little embarrassed at my response.

I pulled out my schedule Professor Weasley had given me the evening prior, and traced down the page with my finger.

"Fifth Year Divination..." I flipped through the thick field guide to find the map of Hogwarts. "It looks like it's in the Divination Tower, near the Library Annex?"

Sebastian looked over my shoulder and shook his head. "Nah, I think it's actually in the back building."

Ominis smirked and quickly agreed, "Yeah, Divination is definitely in the back building."

"Come," Sebastian flashed me a charming smile. "We'll take you."

I followed the guys out of the Common Room, up out of the dungeons, and through the castle corridors.

"Watch out please!" Ominis announced loudly, gripping onto my elbow as we batted our way through the crowds of students. "Fresh meat, coming through."

Between the twisting hallways, moving staircases and doors everywhere I turned, I realised how easy it would be to get lost in this school. I felt grateful at that moment for these two boys who had willingly taken me under their wings.