1

I'm Choi Y/N.

I'm 17 years old and I go to xyz high school. I wish I could say my life was boring but it's not. I live with my dad and my younger brother Mark who's just turned 2.

I woke up to my alarm blaring. "Ugh" I said as I tried to hit snooze. I don't want to go to school, I never want to go to school but if I want to have a future I have to.

I got up and put on my uniform. I walked into Mark's room and he was standing up in his crib. "Hey buddy" i said lifting him into my arms. "Did you miss me" I said pressing my lips against his forehead as he giggled happily. "You're up early" I said to him. "Mm mama" he said. "No I'm not mama, Y/N" I said. "Y/N" he repeated. I smiled at him. He was my everything.

I grabbed his bottle and ran downstairs. I quickly washed the dishes and I looked towards the couch. My dad passed out. "Fucking dick" I whispered as I made him breakfast.

"Dad" i said walking over to him and gently shaking him. "What do you want" he snapped. I jumped slightly. "I made you breakfast if you're hungry" I said softly. "Fucking bitch, I don't want breakfast" he yelled. "Ok it's in the microwave" I said placing it in. He grabbed me by the back of the head and forced me to look at him. "If you ever wake me up like that again, you won't wake up understand" he growled. "Yes" I whimpered.

He dragged himself back over to the couch and fell back asleep. I looked down at my arm that had a massive bruise on it. He did that last night because I forgot to put the laundry in. Tears streamed down my face. "I'm not allowed to cry, no time" I thought as I wiped away my tears and I ate my breakfast.

I hid my tears and quickly got Mark ready. We went to Mrs. Kim's house, where I dropped him off before school. Mrs. Kim is Jennie's mom, and she takes care of Mark while I'm at school.

I ran to school but was late. The teacher asked why, and I just said I woke up late. She wasn't happy with my answer, but I wanted to focus on class, not on being scolded.

At lunch, my friends Jennie, Jackson, and Jake said hello. I didn't eat much. Jackson noticed and seemed concerned, but I told him I wasn't hungry. Jennie is the only one who knows about the problems with my dad.

After lunch, I had to escape to the bathroom to cry. Jennie found me and we talked. She knows about my dad hurting me and she's always there for me. She even helped me break up with Jackson because she doesn't think he's good for me.

"Ok I'll see you later babes, have to get to class, Ms dunrink can turn into the hulk when people are late" she said skipping out. I laughed as she left. I walked out and walked to class.

"Y/N" the teacher said and I jolted up. "Late night" she asked. "Very" I said. "Drinking" she said. "Yeah sure whatever" I said dozing back off.

She clapped her hands. "The principal's office" she said. I was like a zombie. I stood up and walked out. I walked to her office.

"Y/N" she sighed as I sat down in the chair. I was dozing off as she was talking. "Clearly since you need more time at home, I'm giving you a suspension" she said and instantly woke up. "No please" I begged.

"I have made up my mind," she said. "No please I'm sorry" I said. "Y/N this is your fourth time in a week" she said looking at me. "I'm sorry but my mind made" she said writing out the letter.

Shit I'm dead I thought.

Leaving school early, I showed Jackson the suspension letter. He didn't understand, but I just shrugged and went on my way, worried about going home.