Jay - Calming

Imagine it's Friday and you finally get home after the long weekend

Imagine it's Friday and you finally get home after the long weekend. You had texted your boyfriend Jay about being exhausted and somehow that led to him over at your place? When he got here he had a bag full of things and told you to wait on the couch which you were doing now.

It's been like 10 minutes at this point and you were starting to get curious. He finally emerged from the hallway with a smile on his face.

"It's ready." He said, grabbing your hands to pull you up. You reluctantly got up from the comfy couch.

"That took you a while." You gave him a questioning look as he walked you down the hall.

"Well I didn't want you to have to do anything so I got it all ready." He continued, being as vague as possible. Seriously wtf was he being so cheeky for?

"Jay, what are you leading me into?" You asked, making him let out a small laugh.

"Just be quiet and wait." The words came out just as you reached the bathroom.

As he opened the door, a wave of steam came rushing out. The smell of lemon hit you first, then something floral you couldn't quite put your finger on. He smiled while looking at your perplexed face.

"Is that a diffuser? Did you really buy all this stuff just now?" You questioned, walking into the room slowly. The bath was filled with bubbles and there were brand new body wash bottles on the counter.

"Well I figured you'd need this stuff anyway so I just bought them." He shrugged. "Now get in, it's not gonna stay hot forever." Literally how did you get so lucky?

Jay left to grab a chair while you undressed and hopped in the tub. He gently knocked before entering, then he sat the chair up by the edge of the tub with your favorite drink in hand.

"I can't believe you did all this for me." You leaned over the side of the bath.

"What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't?" He furrowed his brows. You couldn't help but giggle at the man.

"Seriously though, what's in that diffuser? There is definitely lemon but what's the flowery smell?" You had to ask.

"It's chamomile. It's supposed to promote sleep and relieve stress. The lemon helps reduce anxiety. I also put epsom salt in the tub to help you relax." He explained like was an expert.

"You're so crazy, that's what I love about you though." You smiled, sinking back into the tub.

"I feel like I should be hearing how thoughtful I am." He said with a wink.

You rolled your eyes playfully, "So full of yourself."

He put his hands on the edge of the tub, leaning over to hover above you. You looked up at him as he leaned further to place a kiss on your lips.

"Next time when you're feeling better, I'll get in with you." He smiled, sitting back up in his chair.

Your face got a little heated as the butterflies fluttered in your stomach.

"Or you could get in now... I'm just saying." You looked up at him. He crossed his arms and shook his head.

"You know that's not fair. I'll be patient this time." His eyes wandered down to the water. Although the bubbles covered you, it was like he could see through them. It wasn't anything he hadn't seen before but something about the way he looked made you feel nervous.

Well you'll just have to look forward to next time right?