Here We Go Again

That night at dinner, Percy didn't show up. He was probably just disappointed at not getting to go on the quest, thought (Y/N). The son of Asclepius had seen demi-gods go their whole lives without going on a single quest, sitting on the side-lines whilst their friends went off to war for glory and fame, but Percy was a son of Poseidon after all. It was all in his nature. In Percy's absence though, Elara finally appeared. She wore a thick coat with a snug hood, carrying something hooked around her hands. 

"What you got there?" asked (Y/N), pulling out her chair and offering a bowl which she graciously accepted. (Y/N) had honey garlic salmon with salad whilst Elaras bowl, ever the same for the last few days, held beef stew. He and Elara sat at the head table alone; Chiron gone to console Percy and Dionysus alone in the big house doing Hades knows what. The hunters were still miserable and the campers too, disappointed in their loss at capture the flag. 

"Sssssssilena ssssssshowed me how to make braceletsssss earlier, and sssssssso I... uhhm made one of the both of ussssss." 

Lifting both hands, both held twisted sticks in the shape of a bracelet, leaves sprouting from both as if the wood were alive. Magic of some sort. They were about as thick as a wrist and a few beads were spread in even intervals. (Y/N) never got the beads at the end of the summer, he saw them as pointless. But these were a little more unique. Each bracelet of beads on either one was painted with a symbol; the Rod of Asclepius on one and a dracaena silhouette on the other. The one he presumed to be for him had a beautiful contrast between the golden beads and natural green/brown. They weren't perfect like the sculpture Galatea, or as eye-catching as Aphrodite, but they meant something, held value. Sliding his onto his wrist, he teared up a little, something Elara saw. 

"Are they that bad?" 

"No, not at all. Quite the opposite as a matter of fact." 

Leaning over his food, the two met in the middle of the table for a kiss. (Y/N) could hear the Aphrodite girls giggling and squealing at their table. When they broke apart, the son of Asclepius' face was still warm. 

"I thank the fates every day that we met, my dear," said (Y/N). 

"And I thank the fatesssss for every day I sssssspend with you." 

The junior physician looked down at his plate, poking his salmon. 

"Isssssss everything alright?" 

"Of course. It's just... there's another quest I must go on. To save the goddess Artemis from the clutches of Kronos." 

Slurping down some of the broth and destroying a leg of beef, bones and all, she eventually responded. 

"I underssssssstand the threatssssss thissssss camp and itssssss inhabitantsssssss face. I know that my kin do not take a liking to the children of the godsssssss, and will side with the Titan Lord. I underssssssstand your role in the upcoming conflict, and I mysssssself am not exactly jumping to get involved. But your fightssssss, whoever they may be againssssst, I will ssssssupport. Your possssssition will ssssseperate usssssss, but that issssss a sssssacrafice that mussssst be taken. Besssssidessssss, you are your own persssssson, thessssse are your own decisssssionsssss." 

Cutting into his meal, (Y/N) thought about what she said. His decisions. 

"I knew there was a reason I loved you," was his response, smirking at the dracaena. "I'll be leaving at first light, so best make good use of our time, right?" 

He didn't get much sleep that night. 

He actually didn't get any sleep that night, opting to use some sleep tonics for the same effect as caffeine. But it was a fun time, so he wasn't about to complain. An hour or so before first light he packed up a few minimal items, including various brews, tonics and concoctions and a heap of money. He saw no need for food or spare clothes as he could buy whatever was necessary instead of taking up valuable space. The Stolls were a true life-saver though, as they provided the cash instead of Chiron in exchange for some skeleton models. What they'd do with it (Y/N) didn't want to know, probably hide them in the Demeter kids room for summer. Sitting on his porch as the sun began to rise, he was about to make a move before something blocked the sun on his face. A figure, a young woman, wearing a himation and carrying a snake over her shoulder.