chapter 27

Elliot

I step outside and allow Celest time to apologize and offer Jolene her rightful place. In what I'm told is one of the best covens. I bargained ahead of time and had one condition. She stays here with us and is active for meeting and whatever naked dance seances they have; as long as I'm present. Or something of that nature. Celest agreed and thought Jolene would be an asset. She’s impressed with Jolene's power and wants to know the full benefits of a half phoenix, half witch.

I finally feel complete. Jolene has flourished emotionally and physically. She’s level-headed and has learned to control her phoenix side at an alarming rate. which, in turn, has made Tally envious. There isn't much that gets Tally down as of late she's hoping lucifer is gone. She’s in denial. Me and Jacob both know it's just a matter of time. The heavens confirmed it a few days ago. There have been no replacements. Lucifer is still alive.

“What's going on?” it’s Grayson, his curious expression warning me of the torment I'm about to endure. I nod toward the door;

“The witches are plotting.”

“Is that’s what's got you whipped? A love spell?” he teases.

I don’t take the bait.

“No, way. This is pure destiny, my friend. There's no reason to bespell a lovesick demon when I'm already picking out China patterns.”

Grayson quirks a brow, bursting out in laughter.

“you're not serious? China patterns, like dishes?”

I chuckle, shaking my head.

“Not yet, my friend, but if that’s what she wanted, I'd make it a top priority.”

“Wow, you are whipped... I'd give anything to be in your shoes... how does it feel? Is it everything they say it is?”

I let out a long blissful sigh; being totally honest.

“Everything and more. It's like I wasn’t really living before, you know. I was just here. Now everything holds meaning to me, and I don’t take a second for granted... She’s changed my life.”

I look at Grayson and realize how he must feel. Being in the position I was in just months ago. The longing takes its toll. I'm sure it's what he’s thinking right now. I knock him on the shoulder.

“Hey man, it will happen for you, and when you least except it too.”

Celest steps out, and Grayson's jaw drops open. The look of longing is familiar, and it takes me all of two seconds to figure it out. Looks like he doesn’t have to look anymore. He’s found her.

“Don’t! I told you to stay away from me, mutt!”

Celest narrows her eyes, and she hurries out of the hallway, her heels clicking rapidly on the hardwood floor.

Ouch! I wince, taking a peek at Grayson. His jaw tics as he watches her leave.

“We can't all be so lucky... Enjoy her, Elliot, because sometimes it just doesn’t work out.”

Grayson leaves at the opposite end of the hall. I stand there in shock. I had no idea.

“Elliot?”

My body heats... I know that tone. I round the corner, ready to finish what she started. When I enter the room, I'm struck again by her beauty. I mount her, and she shivers with anticipation.

“Wait!” she squeaks.

I narrow my eyes and pull at her shorts with my teeth. She’s not getting out of it now.

“I'm serious! I need to tell you something and it can't wait any longer.”

I only pause because it sounds important.

She’s adorable when she grabs my face, pursing my lips to get my attention. I sit up and stop goofing around.

“I love you.” she says it like she's ripping off a band-aid, and though I know it's only because of her past, I can't help but laugh. Jolene crosses her arms and glares at me. This pushes her breasts up on full display, and my jeans get a little tighter.

“I'm serious!”

I grab her before she tries to leave and pulls her down on top of me. Jolene feels my erection and her eyes widen subtly before she hides her reaction. I pull her face to mine the way she did to me moments ago. I told her I loved her the night she woke from the coma, and I felt it back without her saying a word. It was in her eyes, her touch, even in the way she talked about me.

“I love you too, Jolene, and I knew you loved me weeks ago... but thank you for finally saying it.”

She tears up, and I kiss them away. We make love, and I show her how much I love her in every touch, kiss, and look... the way she does for me.