Chapter 4

"Max, have you found out anything about her? What's her name? What was she doing here?" Jungkook asked without taking his eyes off Y/n.

"Yes, sir. I found out that her name is Jung Y/n. She just finished her degree in criminal law at Seoul University," Max said, handing Jungkook some photos.

"Lawyer," Jungkook said as he looked at some pictures of Y/n at the university.

"Did you find out if she has any family here?" Jungkook asked.

"Yes, sir. I went to the house where her mother and sister live, but when I mentioned Y/n's name, her mother yelled at me and said she didn't want to know anything about her, then she closed the door," Max said, puzzled.

"Are you sure?" Jungkook asked.

"Yes, sir. I also found out that the young lady has a friend named Chaeyong, and I called her. She will be here soon," Max said.

"Alright, I'll go to work. Make sure Y/n has everything she needs and don't leave her side. Call me if anything happens, and please don't mention my name to her friend, okay?" Jungkook said.

"Yes sir!" Max said.

Next Day...

In the morning, Chaeyoung had arrived at the hospital.

She inquired about Y/n at the reception desk, and they led her to a very elegant and larger room than the apartment where she lived.

Standing next to the door, without moving, was a tall man with Honey skin, black glasses, and a muscular build.

"Miss, you may enter," said a nurse, coming out of the room.

"Of course!" Chaeyoung passed by, glancing at the man who seemed like a motionless statue, devoid of any expression.

"Oh God, Y/n, what happened to you!" exclaimed Chaeyoung, walking quickly beside Y/n and taking her hand.

Tears rolled down Chaeyoung's cheeks as she saw her friend because that day she had learned about Grace's marriage to Flex.

When she spoke to her mother, she was threatened and told not to have anything to do with Y/n.

"Y/n, please wake up!" Chaeyoung said, becoming increasingly worried.

Suddenly, Y/n's fingers started to move, lightly squeezing Chaeyoung's hand.

"Wait, Y/n, I'll call for help!" Chaeyoung said, smiling with excitement.

"Help, please! Y/n woke up!" Chaeyoung shouted excitedly to the nurses in the hallway.

Several doctors entered the room as Max and Chaeyoung looked out of the window while Y/n opened her eyes and was being examined.

"Your boss was the one who hit my friend, right? You should recommend he gets glasses with a stronger prescription, so he won't go around hitting people!"

Chaeyoung said angrily, staring at Max, who remained silent without any reaction.

On the other hand, Y/n opened her eyes and felt her body in pain as if a train had run her over. Every part of her body ached.

"Ouch, why am I here?" Y/n said, touching her bandaged head.

"Hello, Yn. I'm Dr. Samuel, your doctor. Don't speak or move too much; we are examining you,"
said a doctor with a tanned complexion,
honey-colored eyes, and a charming smile.

Y/n remained still, unable to move since her entire body hurt.

After the doctors examined her and conducted various tests, Chaeyoung was allowed to enter.

"Miss, you may come in. I will come to give you more information in a moment," said the doctor, looking at Chaeyoung.

"But is she okay, doctor?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Don't worry," replied the doctor.

The doctor left the room and stopped to speak with the man by the door, showing him some papers.

After finishing, the man made a phone call.

"How do you feel? Tell me what happened!" Chaeyoung asked Y/n.

"I don't remember clearly. I just recall running away from my mother's house, and when I tried to cross the street, I saw a white light, and then I didn't know anything else," said Y/n, fatigued.

"I received a call today. It seems a wealthy man hit you, Y/n. You were unconscious for a week. But when I see that man, he'll listen. He could have killed you!" Chaeyoung said.

"No, please. All I want is to leave here and go back to Daegu and forget everything," Y/n said, crying.

"I know why, but you don't have to go, Y/n. They should be the ones ashamed of what they did to you, especially Grace, your sister," said Chaeyoung.

"No, she knows nothing. She's pregnant and in a delicate state. It's best if I leave and they never hear from me again so that Grace can be happy. And I don't want to see Flex again. Apparently, the fact that we weren't intimate destroyed him," Y/n said.

"No, no, not this time. For once, think about yourself and stop feeling like Grace's savior. For heaven's sake, she's grown up; she doesn't need you taking care of her. That's what your mother is for, as it seems she only has one daughter. And don't get me started on Flex, a coward who got involved with your sister," Chaeyoung said, angry.

"Does my mother know I'm here?" Y/n asked.

"Y/n, please, don't ask me," Chaeyoung said.

"Tell me, Chae. Does my mother know I'm in the hospital? Did she stop Grace's wedding?" Y/n asked.

"Fine, I'll tell you, but only if you promise not to run away," Chaeyoung said.

"Tell me..."

"Okay, she knows that you're here and that you almost died, and she told me she didn't want anything to do with you. The wedding never stopped, in fact, they moved it forward!" Chaeyoung said.

Tears were inevitable for Y/n. Her soul was in pain from what had happened, and she couldn't erase her love for Flex overnight.

Max watched Y/n through the glass, uncontrollably crying, and Chaeyoung comforting her.

"Why did you do this to me, why...!" Y/n said, crying.

Continue...