Who's the real bad guy in this?

Xander: (talking to himself: 'I have to end this really quick and get away from this living hell. I just want to be near her again.' (thinking: 'You might be wondering how I found myself in such desperate situation...It all started yesterday morning.')

-that morning-

Xander: (sweating from some training) Mornin', mum!

Petra: (drinking coffee): Good morning, tiger! (he's kissing her on the forehead) How come you are even more eager than usual to show some affection to your beloved mother when you're sweating?

Xander: (giving her a hug too) You know you're my favorite person (wink).

Petra: (deception)What a liar I've raised. (doubting) Are you telling me you're finally putting me first and not Lily?

Xander: Get a hold of yourself and stop dreaming! I literally adore her! Speaking of which, where is she? (looking around) I promised her I would take her to the royal stables to see the horses.

Petra: (interested, but scared) Oh, really?

Xander: (excited) Yeah, Jasper just told me they are done with the dressage for the upcoming competitions and...

Tristan: (interrupting him) Stop right there! (upset) You are not taking Lily to that place!

Xander: (unimpressed) Oh, hi, dad!

Tristan: Look at you ! Calling me 'dad' but still ignore me when I'm talking to you.

Xander: (pissed) Ha, funny cause this is not you trying to have a normal and peaceful conversation with me, but you giving me orders.

Tristan: (annoyed) At least, first obey my word and then call it an order.

Xander: At least, first say hi to your family and then say what you want.

Petra: (yelling) Enough!

Tristan: (laughing) That's my line for you, darling! (serious) Why do you keep listening to your son's stupid ideas? (she's speechless, looking a bit scared) Or maybe having them at the royal court gets you excited or something. (thinking, like having a good idea) You know what? On second thought, it doesn't sound so bad after all...(she's confused, he suddenly looks excited) Both of them can go there. Who knows? They may share with us some insights from the royal court afterwards. (she doesn't like the idea)

Xander: Since when are you interested in gossip?

Tristan: I'm not. I'm just thinking... whenever I meet a new person, I wish I had a hint of how that person really is.

Xander: (confused) What are you trying to say?

Tristan: (sighing) I'm trying to say that not everyone is how they show themselves to you. Let's say that the king may have an affair with a taken woman. (Xander and Petra are shocked, Tristan claps, approving) That's the reaction! No one would expect that from him, right? He poses as a good father for his only daughter and a faithful widower who mourns the loss of the love of his life.