"For blood, I'll agree," he says and we all looked up to him. Blood oaths weren't often made but in our family such decisions required them. We'd end up explaining it to the Underbosses who would tell their Capo's and soldiers.

Actions like this, especially with a looming war as a possibility between the guerilla insurgent mafia forming on Crete, and the chance that it was bigger then just the Chimera.

I really don't want to have to speak with the Vichiorggio's.

Years ago when I was beginning my reign from Liguria, and my purges of the old guard, I had no strength, and had to build it back up before expanding. Alvaro Vichiorggio hadn't come in person, hadn't been able to. There was few times that he was even seen with people from Italy, though he also had a wife and daughter, along with sole command of much of North America. He'd been known as the cold one, or the man in black his whole life, and it spoke to who the other Cosa Nostra Familia's believed he was.

It was that reason that made me begin to think about how to most efficiently create a more productive network out of the criminal underworld. The Salvatorini Familia was know for being a hard hand in the underworld, and I didn't want that to change, it couldn't change since it had always done so well historically. The cruelty that my siblings were capable of using was what kept everything in hand, and it was also that that made the idea of a sectioned Underworld easier to deal with since it wasn't one big distribution, it was national regions based on how the Familia's worked and were capable of working.

Pulling my knife I squeezed my hand around the blade, before my brothers did the same and as usual we put our blood into a glass and wrote out slowly with it using a quill that we agreed for the division of the territory that the Salvatorini Familia controlled.

"Get the Underbosses, I need to speak to them, all of you return to your territories, I want the entire Familia to know of this change, it will allow for more concentrated responses," I say folding my arms while they stood and I lifted the piece of paper marking our decision as the heads of the Familia.

"Return to your territories, I'll speak with the Regional Underbosses," I say and they nodded before leaving and I swiftly took out my phone, and sent a text to Aria that she would need to be taken home, and that I wouldn't be coming home tonight.

<><><>

Several hours later while I sat in the main conference room of the Familia villa while the body of the initiate was being buried respectfully, I looked around as the many members of the Regional Underbosses sat around the table many of them smoking and most of them looking at me with the respect that I'd earned from them since becoming Don of the Familia.

"Gentlemen and ladies, I'm announcing that starting tomorrow morning the Familia will be devided with certain proxy Don's to operate the Familia's territory more efficiently, this includes a short list of names, trusted members of the Salvatorini Familia before we had power, and I wanted to inform you this personally, as all of you have devoted years to me, to following the orders I've given whether they were easy or hard you all performed. Again we find ourselves with the possibility of a war with the guerilla faction of the Mafia known as the Chimera, able to be identified with a horned lion, with a snake surrounding the head as a tattoo, they have killed an initate in response to our warning about stepping into Salvatorini territory. I need them found and killed when they enter our territory. I won't have another war not with the fact there are many important event including Christmas, the new year, I was recently married, and my brothers wedding in two months. Get this sorted, that's the goal I need from all of you, the Chimera need to be suppressed, and the person behind the shooting of my wife at the reception must be found. I trust all of you to make the appropriate changes and adaptations required of you. Your individual approach to the problems are your own, just keep me updated on who gets whacked and who remains in question. Please return to your own provinces," I say and most of them stand to leave while only one remained, Fianntino, who was Underboss of La Spezia and made an honourary member of the closer meetings of the Regional Underbosses.

"Alessio," he says giving me a smile that I briefly returned remembering that the recent conflict with the Vincenzo Familia led to the death of his wife Grace.

"Pietro, how are you?" I ask politely as I lifted the glass of water something I needed to drink more often for my own health, and well being.

"I am good Don, I was wanting to ask you, you've had much go on in recent months, and I know that as one who had their wife shot it isn't easy to manage, even in the difference of yours being alive and my own not," he say looking out the window beside me while the sun began to rise in the distance over the sea in front of me.

"Did you have any comments about the meeting?" I ask looking to me and he nodded slowly pressing his lips tightly together as if he were deciding the best words to choose.

"The attack on my wife was from the Vincenzo Familia, but they had never been so bold in the past, and the timing consistently lined up with when there were events or meetings between the Familia's. I began to wonder if someone was planning to destroy the Salvatorini Familia from a distance but has always been unsuccessful, having the southern area of Liguria where my city was suddenly become in disarray, and then if I had been killed it would have left a power vacuum. I was curious if it could all be connected by the Chimera, and someone who is close enough to the center of power to plan something that elaborate," Pietro says and I looked to him with my eyebrows furrowed.

"Like a coup?" I ask and he nodded.

"How would all that information end up in the hands of the Chimera, they're a new organization, and were only starting to get bigger when Massimo Riggerio got to Crete," I say and Pietro turned to me.

"The entire Riggerio Familia is filled with snakes, they always were trouble if you ask me, the fact both of the brothers are dead, and old man Riggerio is dead, their line ends," Pietro remarks venom on every word.

"I suppose Massimo is dead in some regard, he betrayed the Familia, death is a clear response for the transgression, now I must return to my wife, and you to your daughter," I say putting a hand on his shoulder which he returned before I walked away towards my car so that I could be with Aria both for the reassurance of my mind that the Chimera could strike again, and that she was the only person who stayed up until I got home, and I wasn't willing to be as much of a bastard and make her wait.

So this chapter was a decent length though I didn't write all of it in one go as I meant to, I had a lot on my mind during the day of writing. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌️