Chapter X

The Revelation

On a typical school day, the trio of friends – Celestine, Sally, and Avi – gathered at their usual spot during the lunch break. Amidst the bustling cafeteria, their laughter and animated conversations stood out, creating a cozy oasis amidst the chaos of the school day. Celestine’s eyes scanned the room as she enjoyed her meal, her mind drifting to thoughts of her conclusions on Nathan and his connection to the ring.

Ever since their fateful encounter, he had become a constant presence in her thoughts, a puzzle she couldn’t quite solve. So, when she spotted him across the room, her heart skipped a beat, and a surge of determination coursed through her veins. With a quick glance at her friends, she made a split-second decision and excused herself from the table, leaving Sally and Avi to exchange puzzled looks in her wake.

Without hesitation, Celestine pulled Nathan aside to a secluded corner of the school grounds, her heart pounding with a mix of curiosity and anxiety.

As Celestine and Nathan stood in the secluded corner of the school grounds, the air seemed charged with tension and uncertainty. Nathan’s brow furrowed in confusion as he tried to make sense of Celestine’s sudden urgency. “What’s going on? Anong ginagawa mo?” he asked, his voice tinged with concern.

“I need answers,” Celestine replied, her voice trembling slightly with a mixture of frustration and desperation. “I need to know what’s happening, between this ring and you. Gusto ko ng mga sagot, Nathan.”

Nathan’s eyes widened in surprise at Celestine’s words, his mind racing with a flurry of thoughts and emotions. He had never seen Celestine so determined, so resolute in her quest for the truth. “I wish mabibigay ko yung answers na hinahanap mo, Cel,” he said softly, his voice tinged with regret. “Pero hindi ko rin naiintindihan ang mga nangyayari sakin.”

With a heavy heart, Celestine reached for the ring on her finger, her fingers trembling as she hesitated for a moment before finally removing it. As the ring slipped off, a wave of dizziness washed over her, and she watched in stunned silence as Nathan began to fade away before her eyes.

It was a surreal sight, watching Nathan disappear into thin air, leaving behind nothing but an empty space where he once stood. Celestine’s heart ached with a mixture of fear and disbelief as she struggled to comprehend what was happening.

Without thinking, Celestine hastily slipped the ring back onto her finger, her hands trembling as she prayed for Nathan’s return. And just as suddenly as he had vanished, Nathan reappeared before her, his presence reassuring and familiar.

As Celestine and Nathan locked eyes, a silent understanding passed between them, a shared acknowledgment of the strange bond that seemed to connect them. Despite the unanswered questions and the uncertainty that lay ahead, they both knew that they were in this together, bound by a mysterious force that defied explanation.

Meanwhile, Sally watched from a distance, her heart heavy with a mixture of emotions. She had witnessed the entire scene unfold, and though she couldn’t fully grasp the intricacies of Celestine and Nathan’s connection, she couldn’t deny the feeling of jealousy that tugged at her heart. Yet, amidst the turmoil of her own emotions, Sally made a silent vow to stand by her friend’s side, ready to support her in whatever challenges lay ahead.