Chapter 37

I wake up to Draco getting out of bed. It's dark when I wake up. I honestly didn't think we had enough night left to wake up in the darkness. It must be early in the morning. I curl up against one of Draco's many fancy, green silk pillows, while he goes into the bathroom. His cotton shirt pulls up my leg, barely covering the bare skin underneath. 

After a few minutes, he comes back, smiling at me. "Did I wake you up?" 

I shake my head. He smiles softly and lays down beside me. He pulls me to his side holding me close. His hand rests on the bare skin of my thigh. Goosebumps run down my skin, stemming from where he touches me. I snuggle close to him. His body is surprisingly warm, despite it being freezing in his dorm. The Slytherin dorms are always cold and I absolutely hate it.  

I fall back asleep faster than I mean to. But I don't mind. I slept better than I have in a long time. Being in his arms helped. Or maybe it was because my body and mind were physically exhausted from the Yule ball.... and the events afterwards. A blush creeps up to my cheeks, heating up my neck as I think about the events. Draco stirs beside me but doesn't show any signs of waking up yet. 

His blonde hair is splayed out across his forehead. In a mess that is way different from the orderly fashion that it was in last night. His back moves up and down as he breathes. There's no scars on his chest yet. Just his pale skin and a few freckles that dot his skin here and there. There will be in about three years. Which is unfortunate. His skin will be marred forever thanks to Harry unless I somehow stop it from happening. I could.... 

I want to. 

Draco stirs again. This time he opens his eyes slowly. Stormy grey eyes immediately find my green ones. A smile plays on his mouth. 

"Good morning, princess." His voice is deep with morning grogginess, but damn does it make my stomach churn.   

"Morning." I smile back at him. I can feel my cheeks already heating up. He kisses me hastily, pulling me as close to him as possible. My body presses against, like we're molded together. We're two colors of clay, mushed together like a toddler's creation. Green and Black, making the Slytherin color we love. Just love sick fools, heading for destruction. 

His tongue slips into my mouth and I pull away before we can continue, earning a sad expression from him. 

"I need to brush my teeth before we do that." I laugh. 

He pouts. "Fine. But then, we are spending the rest of the day together." I nod in agreement. I pull away from him and stand up, pulling down his shirt that has been riding up my thighs since last night. He watches me, while I search around for my underwear, which ended up somewhere on the floor last night. "It's not over there." He laughs. 

"Then where is it?" I huff in frustration. He points over to where my dress just was. I see it and groan. "I'm blind, I swear to god." 

"A thank you would be nice." 

I smile at him sweetly. It's fake though. "Thank you. I'll see you in a little bit."

He nods. "You better still be in my shirt when you get back." I smirk. Without promising anything, I leave the room. Better to keep him in suspense, so that I can still have some control. That boy knows how to make me feel out of control even when we aren't on speaking terms. I don't get how he does it and I don't think I ever will. So, if I have any ounce of control at all when it comes to him, then I'll take it. Although, after last night, that control is sewing thread thin. I'm screwed. 

I walk into my dorm, which is empty. Not surprising since it's a free day. Parker probably spent the night with George and Pansy, probably spent the night with her date from last night. Thankful for the peace, and freedom of questions about what I did last night, I head into the bathroom to take a quick shower. When I walk past the mirror, I have to do a double take. I have dark purple marks, starting at the base of my throat going down to my chest. I'm going to kill him. After last year's incident, I've been kind of put off by hickies. I probably should have said that last night, but I was too out of my mind with desire to actually care about what he did to me.