𝖳𝖧𝖠𝖳'𝖲 𝖨𝖳

"I BET YOU I know exactly why you're calling." Cassian speaks into his phone as he closes Juniper's room door.

"Pfft." Conrad scoffs. "I bet you, you don't."

Cassian laughs. "Tell me if I get it right. You're calling to tell me that you're going to blow off your plans with me and Juniper because you want to spend time with dear Belly. Does that sound about right?"

"Yeah about." Conrad chuckles before sighing. "Juniper's going to hate me."

"Not anymore than she does from when you blew us off last time." Cassian says as he takes a seat on his couch.

"Maybe I'll just tell Belly to forget about it." Conrad suggests. "I'll go spend time with you and—."

"No." Cassian cuts him off.

"No?" Conrad repeats.

"No, you're not going to blow Belly off." Cassian starts. "You're head over heels for her."

"I wouldn't say head over heels." Conrad mutters.

"You're in love with her, Con. You always have been." Cassian rolls his eyes, he and Conrad both knew how he felt about Belly. Ever since they were kids, he's had his eyes on her. Though he never had the guts to do anything.

"Love is a very strong word, Cas."

"Whatever." Cassian waves off. "Point is. Don't blow her off. Spend time with her. I'll take Juni out to see the Christmas lights. You have fun on your date and you can pass by after."

"You're the best." Conrad smiles, though his best friend couldn't see it. "I'll pass by. Love you, Cas. Tell Juni the same and that I promise to see her and spend time with her."

"I got you. Have fun." Cassian responds. "We love you too."

Conrad did pass by the next day and then the day after and the day after that. It became a constant thing. He would spend time with them all the time and it wasn't because of Juni or even Cassian. It was because he didn't want to be alone and Cassian knew that. He knew everything about his best friend and could read him like the back of his hand.

When things started getting shaky with Belly, Conrad would run to Cassian. He didn't have anyone else to go to and neither did Cassian, so they leaned on each other in those couple of months, the most they ever did in their whole time of knowing each other.

Then Conrad got silent, he never called or answered any calls and he stopped coming over. It was then Cassian knew that Conrad didn't want to add his pain onto anyone else. He wanted to stay to himself and Cassian now regretted not driving over to check on him sooner. Now, he had to take a long bus ride to his college and find him. He wasn't complaining though. The Gray would do anything for the Fisher. Both of them.

Now, Cassian was outside of Brown University, Juniper in his arms as they wait for a call from Jeremiah telling them where to meet. In this moment, Cassian had never been so scared. He was about to see the love of his life again after months and knowing how much the male hated him, made his heart actually ache. It was all deserved though. That Cassian knew.