- 𝘈𝘤𝘵 𝘛𝘸𝘰

'WE'RE NOT WHO WE USE TO BE'

'WE'RE NOT WHO
WE USE TO BE'

✌︎✌︎✌︎✌︎✌︎✌︎✌︎✌︎✌︎✌︎✌︎✌︎✌︎✌︎✌︎✌︎✌︎

𝘗 𝘙 𝘖 𝘓 𝘖 𝘎 𝘜 𝘌

It's been approximately two weeks since, Cassian had woken up. And everything was fine, at least to Jeremiah. It was like as soon as he woke up, he was bombarded with all these emotions that Jeremiah totally looked passed it. He just wanted him to get back to normal, but how could he?

Cassian would get visitors from people he would call his family, but he felt so detached and couldn't even look them in the eyes. Not only because he was embarrassed, but because he didn't feel like himself. Once again, how could he?

The only one he felt sane with was Jeremiah, the only problem was that he wasn't good enough for him, not at all. He let him down. He never went back to him. He could tell how much seeing him there, hurt Jeremiah.

"I'm back." Jeremiah walks into the hospital room, pudding and a cup of ice in his hands. "The doctor said that if you wanted, me and a nurse could take you to walk around, so that way your body could get use to walking again."

"I'm good, right now." Cassian says simply, watching Jeremiah place the things on the small table next to his bed.

Jeremiah's eyebrows furrow as he eyes his boyfriend, who wasn't making eye contact with him. Jeremiah sits in the chair next to him and leans forward, grabbing his hand. "What's wrong, handsome?"

Cassian sucks in a breath as he turns his head slowly to meet his favorite pair of gorgeous blue eyes. Guilt fills his chest, debating whether or not, he should do what he was about to do. "I can't do this anymore, Jere."

"Do what?" Jeremiah asks. "Recover? Because I know you can, you just have to try and—."

"I'm-I'm talking about us." Cassian moves his eyes, now looking at the wall ahead of him.

"What?" Jeremiah says in disbelief. "Are-Are you serious?"

Cassian stays quiet. His eyes still on the white, blank wall. Jeremiah scoffs. "Look at me in the eyes and say it."

"Jere..."

"Look at me." Jeremiah says, his voice stern.

Cassian was starting to regret his words as he turned his head to look at the Fisher, who held a hard look, yet his eyes told another story. "I don't want to be with you anymore, Jeremiah."

Jeremiah. Jeremiah felt his eyes water as he abruptly stands up, pushing the chair harshly into the wall behind him. "I've been here for you! I supported you! God, I love you—."

"I know—."

"No you don't!" Jeremiah exclaims, looking at Cassian with his red, watery eyes. "You have no idea! I gave you my all and now you're giving up!"

"I'm not giving up."

"Yes, you are." Jeremiah takes in a deep breath as he starts to walk out of the room, stopping at the doorway, not daring to look at Cassian again. "I'll take care of Juni, until you recover."

"Jeremiah, please." Cassian pleads. "Just understand..."

Jeremiah doesn't give him the chance to finish his sentence, he walks out, leaving his heart behind, a hole now in his chest that Cassian once filled.