𝖧 𝖠 𝖱 𝖲 𝖧

Cassian stares over at Jeremiah, who laid in the sand next to him, Juniper burying his legs in the sand. The sight made him so happy. His two favorite people by his side. It was everything he needed.

"What are you staring at?" Jeremiah opens one of his eyes, so he could glance at his boyfriend.

A smile forms on his lips. "My two favorite people in the world."

"Why don't you come join us down here, then?" Jeremiah waves him over.

Cassian playfully debates before he jumps up from his beach chair and rushes to Juni, throwing her up in the air. The girl lets out a loud squeal when he did so. Cassian takes his place next to Jeremiah, Juni on his lap.

"You look good." Jeremiah compliments, eyes going over his boyfriend's torso.

"Says you." Cassian rolls his eyes playfully, leaning in to place his lips against Jeremiah's. The two fighting a laugh at Junipers sound of disgust.

Cassian was so happy. That was when he had everything that he could've ever dreamed of. That all came quickly crashing down after he slowly started losing his family in Cousin's.

Cassian stared at himself in the mirror that was placed in the corner of his room. His eyes danced from scar to scar that were lathered all over his body. Each scar reminding him of what had to be the worst day of his life. The day his mother died and then him crashing and on the brink of death, always replayed in his mind. Always there to remind him that maybe he wasn't meant to still be here...right?

Cassian flinched at the sudden knock on his door, the loudness bringing a sharp pain to his head. He lets out a small groan, but hides it when his door is suddenly open, a small girl running in with a big smile on her face. He softens at the sight of her. "Hey, Juni bug."

"Are you ready yet?" Juni asks, enthusiastically.

"Just have to put my shirt on." Cassian chuckles at the fidgeting girl. She was so happy.

"Hurry! Hurry!" Juniper claps her hands together. "I wanna see my friends at the park!"

"I'm going as fast as I can!" Cassian matches her energy as he puts his shirt on, covering his scared body.

The little girl in front of him was his whole heart. The only thing that was keeping him going, especially after Susannah, their last parent figure left them. All of them.

Cassian made it his mission to protect Juniper and make sure the hurt she felt wasn't there. He wanted her to be the happy kid she deserved to be. The happy kid he never got to truly be.

"Come on." Juniper grabs her brother's hand in hers and drags him out the room as he grabs his keys and sweater on the way out. A smile on his face the whole time. His smile was only for her.

✌︎✌︎✌︎✌︎✌︎✌︎✌︎✌︎

Cassian sat on one of the many park benches, his eyes going between the camera in his hand and his little girl that was running around the park with a group of little boys and girls, her laugh making his heart swell.

As he flicked through the many photos in his camera, he stops at one of Jeremiah and Juniper. The younger Fisher holding her in his arms as he spun her around, both with the biggest smiles on their faces. Those smiles were absolutely every single thing to him. It was worth so much.

Cassian never thought he'd be in the position he's in now. Having lost almost everything. He was only getting by with not only the money he makes from his father's photography business, but the money his mother kept aside just for them. He never would've thought she cared that much for them, but she did.