19 || Cornered

After another sleepover at Jace's house, I got ready with the limited supplies I had to go watch this film with Delilah. Jace managed to conjure up a spare toothbrush from somewhere and gave me some spare clothes to change into. I'm guessing they were his because no way a little girl would be wearing something like this. I also inferred they were his because it smelt like him.

Not to be weird or anything but it is quickly becoming my favourite smell. It's what I imagine safe would smell like if safe had a smell. It probably sounds stupid but when I'm around Jace, it feels like I'm safe. It feels right.

"Arabellaa," Delilah's sing song voice disrupts me from my thoughts, "are we leaving yet? I'd we don't leave soon, we're gonna miss the trailers!"

I giggle to myself because while I've only been to the movies a couple of times, the trailers were always my favourite part. I tell her I'm nearly ready.

Jace offered to dive us there because, well, I couldn't drive and I highly doubt Delilah could. He said that I should call him when the film is over and he'd be about ten minutes.

As I emerge from the bathroom and walk down the stairs, Delilah is saying telling Jace the plot to the previous film that we are going to see and she annoys him, asking him for snacks while he tells her to put a jacket on.

"Come on Jace, Arabella!" She says, practically bouncing off of the walls.

"Let's go then," Jace sighs.

We all got into Jace's car and started to drive to the movie theatre, which only takes five minutes, since it's only about a block away. Once we get there, we pay for snacks and drinks and Delilah holds both out tickets while I talk to Jace and waits for me to finish.

"Call me if anything goes wrong, ok?" he says with his hands in his pockets.

"I will," I reassure him.

"See you later, enjoy your movie," he says and he takes his hands out of his pockets and lightly grazes his hand on mine in a comforting gesture.

"See you later," I repeat and give him a smile.

Goosebumps erupt on my skin from where he touched my hand are gradually moving up me arm. I'm pretty sure if I looked in a mirror right now, I'd be bright red like a tomato.

Smooth as fuck.

--------------

We exit after the film, which was - in my opinion- not a bad hour and a half, and we stop at the restroom because apparently, Delilah has a terrible bladder when it comes to sitting through a movie.

"Can you hold me bags, pleasee," she asks me with her most damaging weapon.

Those fucking puppy dog eyes. Works every time.

I need tips off of this kid.

"Sure thing," I say as I receive her, surprisingly heavy bag considering how small it was.

Although, I shouldn't be surprised because the amount of snacks she brought and purchased at the counter could feed an entire army twice over.

I'm waiting for her outside when I hear a group of boys shouting and laughing. I turn to look and who do I see?

Aaron.

Fuck.

Quickly, I go into the restroom and find Delilah washing her hands and she smiles up at me. That smile quickly turns to a questioning frown as a take my phone out and put the passcode in before passing it to her.

"Call Jace and tell him to get her as quick as he can," I rush out.

"Arabella, what's going on?" She asks, clearly worried.

"You need to stay here for now, ok?"

"Wait!"

I go to walk out but she follows me, "No, Delilah, you need to stay in here."

I need to protect her from Aaron. And if it's violence he's after then I won't let her witness it or be victim of it.

I'd rather it be me than her.

Emerging from the bathroom as casually as I could, I put on a facade of a leisurely outing to the movies. But it wasn't long until the group spots me and makes their way over.

"Arabella, was it? What are you doing here beautiful...all alone," he gives me a sickening grin.

All the other boys surround me, blocking me in from all sides and slowly maneuver me over to a secluded corner and in front of a dark room.

I'm trapped.

I don't like that.

Not one fucking bit.

I should be fine right? They should have cameras and shit right?

In the blink of an eye, two of them grab my by my arms and one puts a hand over my mouth so I can't scream for help.

I can only pray Delila called Jace to help and he'd he here quickly.

Next thing I know, all I see is black.

I don't remember what happened next.