𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.61

A a r u s h

I groaned as I opened my eyes, I saw a white ceiling in front of my vision, a beeping sound. So I'm in a hospital. I looked around only to see Rehaan sitting on the couch scrolling through his phone. But where is Riti?

"Rehaan?" I sounded out. My voice is hoarse.

"Aarush? You awake, thank god!" He abruptly stood up from his place and came near me.

"Rehaan, where is Dhriti?" I asked him, and his expression changed.

"I will call the Doctor," he said and the next second he was out of the room. Why didn't he answer my questions? Where is Dhriti gone? Did something happen to her? Why I'm feeling a restlessness? I only feel this restlessness when she is in some danger. Is she in any danger? I have to go from--

My thoughts came to a halt when the doctor entered the room.

"How are you feeling, Mr Malhotra?" The doctor asked me.

"I'm fine," I said in a monotone as I looked at Rehaan.

The doctor checked my pulse and I saw Rehaan typing something on his phone.

"Okay, you look fine but you have to wear this case for one week. You can go home tomorrow itself," he said making my head nod in reply. The doctor walked out as Rehaan also walked with the doctor saying something to him not before keeping his phone on the side table.

I heard a continuous notification sound from his phone and I took his phone from the side table. I saw the messages from Dhriti. Why she is messaging him? I opened his message box

Dhriti

Dhriti, Aarush opened his eyes a while ago.

Okay. I'm leaving Rehaan.

Please don't say anything I said to Aarush or anyone else.

Bye, Rehaan. Take care of Aarush and take care of yourself too.

Where is she going? What did she say yesterday that I can't know or anyone else?

"Aarush?" I looked up from the phone screen and looked at Rehaan.

"Rehaan, where Dhriti is going?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?" He asked and I shoved his phone in front of his face.

"Now say, where is she going? What did she say yesterday? Tell me, Rehaan?" I asked controlling the anger boiling inside me.

"I don't know," he said.

"Rehaan, tell the truth otherwise--"
"I really don't know where she is going but the only thing I know is that she is leaving this country. . . today." He said. I jerked up from the bed and got down from it throwing the cannula that was inserted in my left hand.

"Aarush, what are you doing?" Rehaan asked me.

"I'm going to stop her from leaving this country," I said to him as I was about to go outside of the room but he held my elbow stopping me from going

"Aarush leave her, she doesn't love you. Then why are you forcing her? She already told you that she doesn't have any feelings for you. Just let her go, don't hurt her." His words made me look at him.

"No. . . I will never let her go. What do you think, I will hurt her. . . No, I can't do that even in my dreams. If I let her go she will live her whole life in tears. I don't want that. . . Yeah, I know that she told me she doesn't have any feelings for me but her eyes told me how much she loves me. I will force her because I know she loves me. . ." I said to him not I pour my heart to him.