𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.29

Follow my Instagram (amikaravenn)for spoilers.

A a r u s h

Every time something happens when I'm with her, it destroys my precious time with my Babydoll. I sighed in frustration. Some workers had begun to fight, forcing me to step in; otherwise, I wouldn't have come here at all.

Dhriti would be upset with me since I told her I’d be there in a few minutes, but it had been an hour and a half since I entered the building. After I managed to resolve their issue, I finally stepped outside. She must be feeling hungry since we hadn’t had lunch together.

Why did I only take her for coffee? I should have taken her for lunch instead; she liked the café and enjoyed the cappuccino with me. I know her preferences pretty well—she prefers to be in peaceful places.

"Aarush..." Her voice broke through my thoughts. When I turned to her, I saw her running toward me with a look of terror on her face. She suddenly hugged me tightly and pulled me against a pillar. My back hit the pillar abruptly, and I instinctively wrapped my arms around her waist. Her hands pressed against my chest, and our bodies collided due to her sudden action.

"What happened, Dhriti?" I asked her.

"I saw a masked man pointing a gun at you," she whispered.

"What! Then why did you come out of the car? You should have stayed there!" I replied, my voice a bit rough.

"Here I am trying to save you, and you're yelling at me," she said, her cheeks puffed adorably.

"No... I'm not yelling at you. What if something happened to you? What if that bullet—"

"Shhh... nothing happened, right? So stop worrying about what's already done and focus on the present," she said, her tone calming.

"Let me check if he's still there," she added, peeking over my shoulder to assess the situation. I couldn't help but notice her neck was now in view, and my breath caught. I fought to suppress my urge to kiss it and drown in her intoxicating fragrance. I tightened my grip on her waist; she might think my panic was due to the situation, but I was more afraid of losing control in this intimate moment. Thank you, God, for creating this chance with my Babydoll—and a nod of gratitude to that masked man, too; without him, none of this would have happened. I smirked inwardly.

"Aarush..." Oh, how lovely it would be if she always called me like that. No other way of saying my name ever felt quite the same.

"Aarush..." she called again, but I didn’t respond. She looked at me, curious.

"What are you thinking?" she asked.

"Nothing... Is he still there?" I inquired.

"No... I can't see him," she replied.

"Then let’s go," I said, taking her hand.

"Wait..." she stopped me, and I frowned in confusion.

"What now?"

"There are more people," she said.

But how did she know that? She hadn’t even looked.

"How do you know there are more people?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes. "Do you have ears? Are they working properly? If not, you should see an ENT. Didn’t you hear the footsteps? Nincompoop!" Her sarcasm caught me off guard; where had she picked up such lines?

Actually, she was right. The sound of many footsteps was growing louder. This situation was intensifying. If I were alone, it wouldn’t be a problem, but now I had her to protect. I couldn’t take any risks. She peeked over my shoulder once more as anxiety crept in.