𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.28

Follow my Instagram amikaravenn for spoilers ⚠️.

A a r u s h

She knows who's responsible for spiking her drink. I was walking behind her when she was talking to her brother, but I only caught the last part, which is why I asked her about it.

"Aarush..." A voice pulled me from my thoughts.

"You both... when did you arrive?" I asked as I noticed Rehaan and Ranveer sitting across from me.

"We've been here for the last ten minutes. Didn’t you sense our presence?" Rehaan replied.

"Looks like someone is in deep thought," Veer said, giving me a pointed stare.

"Yeah, I’m contemplating something important," I responded seriously.

"What’s going on?" Rehaan inquired.

"Dhriti knows who spiked her drink but won’t tell me. I asked her about it, and she said it wasn’t my concern... that I had no right to know," I explained.

"She’s right; you don’t have any claim over her. Why do you care? If she doesn’t want to tell you, let her handle it her way," Rehaan interjected.

"You’ve been getting more involved in her life lately... is it because she saved your sister?" Veer questioned.

"No, that’s not the reason," I replied.

"Then what is it?" Veer asked, reaching for a glass of water.

"I care about her because…"

"Because?" Rehaan prodded.

"Because I freaking love her," I admitted, frustration creeping into my voice.

At that, Veer choked on his water, and Rehaan stood frozen in shock.

"What... what did you say, Aarush? Repeat that," Rehaan stammered, disbelief etched on his face.

"I said I love Dhriti Krishna," I stated firmly.

"Rey, call an ambulance; I think I’m going to faint. Everything around me is spinning. This is such a shocker," Veer gasped dramatically.

"Calm down, Veer," I told him.

"Did you hear that, Rey? He’s in love! Our Aarush... actually in love. Let’s prepare for a treat!"

"Enough, Veer. I’m not in the mood for jokes," I snapped, annoyance creeping into my voice.

"Something's off... she seems mysterious. She knows who's responsible for the spiked drinks, and she seems to know him personally. So why hasn't she taken any action?" I asked, more to myself.

"You're right. If she knows this person, why hasn’t she done anything?" Rehaan chimed in.

"What if Akash Varma is behind all of this?" Veer proposed.

"How could I have overlooked that? Maybe he’s been using the waiter as his pawn,” I replied.

"Did you find out any more about him?" Rehaan asked Veer.

"It's tough to track him down; he must have anticipated that someone would try. But for now, he can’t evade me forever. I will find him," Veer said with a smirk.

"Track him down as soon as you can, Veer," I urged.

"I'll handle it. Don't worry," Veer reassured me.

"Okay, then I'm heading out," I said, grabbing my phone, coat, and car keys.

"Where to?" Rehaan inquired.