Part 37 - Pre Appeal

Abhinav dropped Abhir to school, apologising profusely to Aarohi. Aarohi waved away his apology.
'We should just be grateful that Maa didn't realise that Abhir was missing. She would involve the authorities for sure and with Akshara out of town, you would have been in deep trouble, Abhinav ji'.

Abhinav agreed and when Ruhi gave him a big hug, he gave her a big chocolate in return.
'Abhinav ji! You are spoiling Ruhi'.
'Maasa ji has every right to pamper his children. And our Ruhi is the best girl in the World', said Abhinav, exchanging a hi-fi with Ruhi.

Ruhi entered her classroom and Abhinav said,
'Aarohi ji, you may not like me saying this but after what all has happened with Abhir, I must say.. Birla Mansion is not a place for raising children. Akshara and I had sorted everything in the morning, the Birlas knew we were going to take the legal route yet they tried to poison my Nikkeji like this. If Akshara had seen the condition in which Nikkeji was last night, I don't know what she would have done..'
Aarohi said, honestly, 'Abhinav ji, I am shocked with what is happening too. You won't believe but for 6 years, Abhimanyu was a father to Ruhi. Neil would have been proud. Manjari Maa was happy with Ruhi and Shivu too. Everything changed when they came to know that Abhir is their khoon. Now, I can't find the Abhimanyu who was Ruhi's Dad. With time, I have realised that he is lost forever. But my Ruhi has not. I see her still waiting for her Poppy sometimes. My Ruhi has suffered terribly and as a parent, you understand how it feels to watch powerlessly while your child is going through so much. I am just waiting for Ruhi to completely accept that her Abhimanyu Poppy will not return and then I am leaving that living hell forever. I am financially sound, my qualifications and experience can get me a job in a good hospital. I will raise Ruhi with the love and values that Neil and I had dreamt of'. Aarohi brushed away the tears from her eyes. It was a harsh truth that Ruhi had been use and throw for the Birlas.

'Sorry ji, I didn't mean to upset you..'.
'Abhinav ji, it was good opening up to someone. Akshara has so much to deal with and Kairav needs to spend more time with Muskaan. Newly weds and they have been caught up in the Birlas drama! I have been suppressing so many thoughts and emotions inside me.. I didn't want to burden you either but when you spoke about the toxic Birla environment, I couldn't stop myself. I know you worry for Ruhi.. and Shivansh too. Shefali Bhabhi is working more than ever, so I am sure she has a plan to secure Shivansh's well being too..
I must leave, Abhinav ji. Manjari Maa keeps a detailed track of my schedule since I am most sympathetic towards Akshara and she shouldn't sense that something is wrong. Take care of yourself and Akshara'.
'Thank you, Aarohi ji. Take Care'.

Akshara walked in Goenka House, rubbing her neck vigorously. She had slept in the drive home from the airport and had only properly woken just now. She was surprised to hear a happy whistling sound coming from the kitchen. She went in and found Abhinav cooking patande, the happy whistling originating from his lips.
'Abhir is here, isn't he?'.
Abhinav startled, dropping the spatula in his hand and ran towards Akshara, twirling her in his arms.
'Abhinav! Put me down!'.
'I missed you so much!'.
Akshara laughed, 'I was only gone for a day!'.
Abhinav set Akshara down and pulled her in a tight hug.
'It seemed like a year'.
Akshara blushed.

Smacking Abhinav on his arm, she moved towards the stove, picking up the spatula on the way.
'You look happy enough. Please, Abhinav, don't tell me you have got Abhir here'.
'Abhir is in school, Akshara. Seriously, I could be happy for so many reasons. My wife has come home, back to me. The taxi fleet business is going great. The weather is so pleasant. But no, everyone feels that if Abhinav is happy, it is only because of Nikkeji!'.
'It is, isn't it? Tell me the truth, Abhinav. You spend more time with Abhir than just the 8:30 p.m. play time, right?'.

Abhinav served Akshara patande and sat down excitedly next to her.
'Yes! Nikkeji slept with me last night and I made him ready for school. As in waking him up and grooming. I left him to school. Aarohi ji got his uniform, bag, bottle, tiffin and all and she requested the guards to let us use the school restroom. I entered his school, Akshara! Abhir was looking so smart, my handsome boy, waiting for the class teacher to come. I introduced myself to the class teacher too. I said,' Good Morning, Madam. I am Abhir's Papa!'. She was so impressed, she became speechless, Akshara! What a beautiful day it is today!'.
'Abhinav Love, the class teacher was speechless because she recognises Abhimanyu as Abhir's father..'.
'Ouija! That is why she paled a little. I thought she looked a little unwell.. Anyways, now she knows who Abhir's Papa is', Abhinav whistled happily again.
Akshara rolled her eyes though secretly enjoying Abhinav's good mood herself.