Part 34 - Plans

Akshara pushed the horn aggressively as she shouted from her car window,
'If you don't know how to drive a car, why did you purchase one? FOOL!'.
'She means idiot wala fool, not flower wala phool', called out Abhinav.
'Very funny, Mr. Abhinav Sharma', said Akshara angrily.
'Ouija! You took my full name, Sherni ji... I mean, Heerni ji. Beautiful and graceful like a Heer.., '
'Abhinav, these sweet talks will not help you today. Why didn't you tell me what Abhimanyu told you in the hospital? How dare he speaks to you..'
'You are just like Nikkeji, Akshara. Your cheeks, just like his, become red like apples when angry..',
Akshara gave Abhinav a warning glance but couldn't help a small smile coming out on her lips.
'..And you worry for nothing, Akshara. I replied Dr. Birla back with swig..'
'Swag', corrected Akshara, listening carefully.
'..sorry ji, swag. I told him, listen Abhimanyu ji, you may be a heart doctor but I am the king of hearts..'
Akshara rolled her eyes, grinning.

Abhinav smiled, seeing Akshara calming down,
'..Akshara, Dr. Birla wasn't in the right state of mind. I told him that I am your husband and he dare not talk to me like that about you. I also said that my love was like an open sky, not a gilded cage where I kept you trapped. Abhimanyu understood'.
Akshara felt irritation rising inside her again,
'He didn't understand anything! That is why he became so bold as to ask me to leave you and Abhir in the Temple that day!..'
'WHAT? He asked you to leave Nikkeji? He wanted my NIKKEJI to be without his Mumma..'
'Abhinav, now you need to calm down..'
'Where was his soul connection then? I should have beaten him up today. Only I know how I restrained from slapping him when he said.. that disgusting..'

Akshara understood,
'Yesterday me, today Abhinav, who tomorrow? I wanted to give him a black eye for that too. Among many other things. Kanha ji knows it was only because of Abhir living with them that I stopped myself. His soul connection is nothing but a joke. Abhir is miserable in that house but neither Abhimanyu's soul connection nor his eyes can see that.
Anyways, let's not discuss about the Birlas insane talks. It's clear now that there is no way of getting back Abhir except the legal way. I have thought of something..'

Abhinav was all ears.
'.. I am the biological mother of Abhir and that stays unchanged whether you or Abhimanyu is declared as the father. Meaning that the battle isn't for my right at all but unfortunately yours, Abhinav. It's about a father's right, about who the real father is. So, I have decided Abhinav that I won't be contesting for Abhir.. you will. It won't be Akshara Sharma vs Abhimanyu Birla but rather Abhinav Sharma vs Abhimanyu Birla'.
'What are you saying, Akshara?', said Abhinav in shock,' why will anyone give custody to the adopted father over the biological father? No, we can't lose Nikkeji again!..'.
'As we have seen, Love, anyone can lose custody. Even the biological mother. This isn't a case of any adopted father vs biological father but of Abhinav vs Abhimanyu. I have full faith in you, Abhinav and I have seen your confidence today in full form too. Please don't let any insecurity seep into you now. We can't leave any stone unturned for Abhir'.

'Not at all, Akshara', said Abhinav, firmly, 'There is no insecurity anymore. I am Abhir's Papa and I want Abhir back with me. I don't care whose name is on that Birth Certificate or who the World calls as Abhir's Papa. That's the only reason I objected. If you believe that Abhinav Sharma can win the custody, then Abhinav Sharma will give his all. Promise ji and you know well that ek pahadi na apna waada kabhi nahi bhulta ji'.
Akshara nodded, reassured with Abhinav's attitude. What the Birlas had shown today was just the tip of the iceberg. Abhinav and she couldn't afford to show the slightest bit of carelessness or kindness for Abhir's sake.

'Abhinav, my boss is in Mumbai for a case. I had to go with him but Abhir was in trouble and then..you know the rest. I am thinking I take the earliest available flight today and join him. I will get Court practice there and inform him about the developments at Birla Mansion today. His advice is invaluable and I don't want to waste a single moment of time in getting back our Abhir anymore. What do you say?'.
'Akshara, I am with you on one condition - you will take care of your health. The past few days have been very stressful and you haven't even eaten properly ji..'.
'As though you have, Abhinav', interjected Akshara.
Abhinav smiled and continued,
'.. I will take full care of my health. Akshara.. I still want to go to Birla Mansion to play football with Abhir'.

Akshara thought deeply for a minute before she said,
'You are Abhir's Papa, Abhinav, and it's high time we behave like that. Go ahead but keep your phone on you the whole time. Truth be told, I am a little worried about what the Birla's attitude will be towards you again. If they dare insult you..'
'Ouija! Your anger scares me more than all the Birlas combined! Answer this question correctly and only then can you get angry. Deal? Okay.. Which is the most popular cheese?'
Akshara got distracted,'Cow's milk cheese?'.
'No'.
'ABC brand cheese?'.
'No! Think, Akshara, think!'.
'Most popular cheese? Swiss cheese?.. No?.. I give up, Abhinav! Which is the most popular cheese?'.
'What, Akshara! Being a Sharma, you don't know the answer! Sharam'.
'What is Sharam cheese?'.
'Sharam naam ke bhi cheez hoti hai!', said Abhinav, tugging in his shirt collar.
Akshara smacked her hand on her forehead.
'Seriously, Abhinav..', said Akshara, chuckling,'.. Abhir with his ridiculous abbreviations is more mature than you!'.

Akshara and Abhinav reached Goenka House, walking inside hand-in-hand, their conversation on the way back relaxing both of them.
Akshara booked the tickets, packed her bags and left for Mumbai.

Abhinav went to pick and drop passengers at their destinations and after a long day, it was time to meet Abhir. He drove cautiously inside Birla Mansion, expecting resistance from the guards but they allowed him easy access inside. Abhinav parked at the alloted space and walked till the garden just outside the front door of the Birla Mansion. Abhir was sitting alone, glum with a football in his hand. The minute he caught sight of Abhinav, he cheered up, running and hugging Abhinav like no tomorrow. Abhinav felt pure joy replacing all the stress he had felt throughout the day. He ran towards the garden, challenging Abhir and the father - son duo started their favourite pastime.

Unknown to them, Manjari was staring at them from a window upstairs. She was seething inside to see the same driver who insulted her son and her came to her house to play with her grandson. She had asked Abhimanyu to put a stop to this but Abhimanyu was fearful of Abhir hating him even more if he further distanced Sharma ji from Abhir. Her son may be content to sulk in his room after that happiness snatcher chose that driver but she wasn't going to sit quietly.

Manjari had seen the overconfidence in Akshara's eyes about winning Abhir's appeal. She would break Akshara's pride today. Poor Akshara! She didn't know that she would have to withdraw the appeal case and that too because of Abhir! For Manjari had caught the weird look on Sharma ji's face when they were searching for Abhir. Having grown up and married in a family of doctors, she had seen that look before. All it took were a few calls and Mrs. Manjari Birla, Director of Birla Hospital, had the entire medical history of Mr. Abhinav Sharma on her table. Visual Hallucinations. Most interesting. That also explained why Sharma ji didn't come to get Abhir till the third weekend.

Well, since morning, things were being unraveled, so why should this important fact be hidden? Enjoy your last football game with Abhir Birla, Sharma ji, for tomorrow Abhir will refuse to see your face even.