Her Teacher Chapter 16

A/N: Hey babies!! I noticed that a good majority of you wanted a new update on this book so I came to give it to you! In this chapter, it's going to be the calm before the storm. So, I advise everyone to be ready for a shift in that direction. This chapter has more of Beyoncé's point of view. Let me know if y'all want more of Onika's point of view or not. Also, thank you for the support on this book! Sorry for any mistakes! Comment, Vote, and Enjoy!♥️

Chapter 16: Watch and you might see...
Onika Maraj

Temptation was a drug and I was a user succumbing to it

A few days later I found myself on a phone call with the person who decided to disturb my peace of mind and my time with the young lady that was on my mind. All of the anger and frustration that built up inside of me was about to be unleashed upon her. I sat back in my chair, holding the phone up to my ear.

"Jordan stop calling my fuckin' phone. I don't need you checkin' for me." I sighed heavily, putting my hand on my head. Getting frustrated. As soon as I'm busy it's always something ruining my plans. I listened for a second, hearing her huff. I rolled my eyes as I held the phone away and put it on speakerphone.

"Why're you mad?" She asked. Like she didn't know? No contact means no reaching out. Ever.

"Why do you think? I'm busy and you're blowing up my phone."

She sucked her teeth. "How's your arm?"

I didn't need to give her an answer. "Fuck you. Leave me alone. I'm out of my cast so stop checking on me." Over the phone, I heard her let out a breath. Like she was relieved. She better be. If I was in critical condition I would have her ass arrested for the shit she pulled.

"Stop calling and texting me so much. Is that so hard to do?" I didn't want her to answer that but I knew she would. During our divorce, she did the same thing. Check up on me. Even though the main reason why we broke up was because she didn't care enough to check up on me. So why was she doing it now?

"Alright, just make sure you're taking care of yourself."

"Yeah, whatever." I ended the call, putting my phone on my desk like it wasn't mine. I wanted to change my number. Throw my phone away and never own one again. The more she reached out, the more I was under the impression she wanted something from me.

"Hey, Ms.Maraj!" I looked up quickly. Going from a frown to a smile in a millisecond.

"Hey, Ms.Rowland! How are you doing?" I greeted back as she stood in front of me. In the corner of my eye, I saw Beyoncé stalking closer to us.

"I made a cookie for each of my teachers today. Do you want one?" I looked down at the heart-shaped cookie and poked out my lip.

"Awee! This is adorable, honey. Thank you!" I grabbed the cookie, taking a small bite. It was perfect. Not too much frosting and just the right amount of sweetness. "It's so delicious. You really know how to bake, Ms.Rowland."