I started heading back to my bed before stopping a few steps away from the door.

Okay... that was a little mean.

I shouldn't have done that.

I groaned in irritation and did a walk of shame back towards the door.

I opened it and this time I was able to get a good look at Nova and my breath hitched in my throat upon seeing her.

Her face had small little cuts scattered around, there were visible bruises on her bare arms and her eye was slightly swollen, you would barely notice it unless you looked hard enough.

"Oh my god."

"Can we talk?" she asked softly.

"Nova, do you see what you look like right now?!" I questioned, utterly shocked.

"Yeah, I need to talk to you–"

"Can we talk about your face?! You need to tell me what happened." I accidentally cut her off as more questions seemed to swarm my mind.

"Noah had a plan." She said blankly.

If I had the money, I'd genuinely pay Noah to stop making plans.

"Does it hurt?" I asked slowly, bringing my hand to her eye. I rested my hand on her cheek and scanned every inch of her face waiting for a response, and when it never came I averted my gaze to her eyes.

Her low gaze was pinned upon me as she stared at me intently.

"Tell me what happened Nova..." I said softly, swiping my thumb across her slightly swollen cheek.

"It's really stupid," Nova whispered.

"Tell me."

A sigh fell from her lips and she began explaining, "Noah and I faked my kidnapping so we could meet with some Phantom members to gather intel," she said, slightly dropping her gaze to the floor. "And... the guy from the other day is alive..." she trailed off.

I furrowed my brows upon hearing what she just said.

She didn't kill him?

"I missed." she added.

"I'm confused...how did you fake your kidnapping"

"Noah was able to get in contact with a Phantom member, so we pretended to be some crime boss, told them that they had me in their custody and would hand me over for a million dollars." she said carefully.

"Then what?" I asked

"We got a million dollars." she said jokingly, but nothing was funny. "—Noah tied me up, put me in a van, took me to a warehouse to meet them, I got information, then he broke me out after we got enough..."

"And..?" I trailed off knowing she was leaving out a crucial part. Specifically the part that involved why she was injured.

"...and I also sort of got beat up there as revenge..." She continued.

"Mmm... yeah I was waiting for that part." I said sarcastically. "You were right, that was really fucking stupid." I said chuckling.

"I know." she whispered.

It was something about how close we were, and how I still had my hand resting on her cheek.

And how she was looking down at me.

"Mariah–"

"I like you." I blurted out, my heart felt like it was about to jump out of my chest."...and I want to be your girlfriend." I added, averting my attention back to her eyes, and her brows immediately shot up.

"So... we're– we're gonna make this work?" She questioned.

I nodded my head. "Mhm." I hummed with a smirk growing on my face.

I continued staring up at her and she spoke, "I like you too." And a full smile broke out upon hearing the words, making my insides swirl with a million butterflies, and Nova easily reciprocated the smile.

A brief silence filled the room as the intimate moment managed to grow even more intimate.

"I want you." I said, glancing down at her lips.

A short silence filled the room before she replied. "You have me." she said lowly, pulling me in closer by my waist.

With that, I closed the gap and began basking in the warmth of her soft lips. I melted into the kiss and it felt like electricity was running through my veins. I just couldn't get enough.

I wanted more.

I leaned further into her gently grabbing the back of her neck to deepen the kiss, turning it from passionate, to something more desire filled.

I was caught completely off guard when her tongue trailed across my bottom lip, she then slightly pulled away from the kiss gently pulling my bottom lip in the process and a quiet hum left my mouth.

Once she let go of my lip we stared at each other, nothing but heavy pants filling the room.

But even after all of that, it wasn't enough.

I still wanted more.

And observing the look on Nova's face right now.

She knew I did too.