Part 5

🥀

"I'll see you later," Jungkook mumbles as he spots Taehyung walking towards the university's entrance. Jimin purses his lips and turns to walk away clearly upset. 

Last night, after he woke up Jungkook told Jimin everything that had occurred. It's for the best if Jimin knew, and together they decided to drop any revenge idea and focus on their mates for the moment. Since all he wants is to live a quiet life with Taehyung, Jungkook agreed. He wishes to heal by removing himself from his poisonous family and needs to concentrate on winning Taehyung now; revenge can wait.

Jimin and Jungkook decided to decipher the meaning of the moon goddess together. Why can't she simply stop being so mysterious and be honest? Adding more work to what they already have to do is really aggravating.

Despite the anguish in his body from rejection and his inability to stand, Jungkook is unconcerned. Taehyung's acceptance and his ability to at last find calm are all that count. He's willing to give up everything for a peaceful, contented life, even in hell. 

🥀

As Taehyung enters the university grounds, he spots an annoyingly familiar figure by the gate.

Jungkook. He debates on whether he should avoid him. Maybe it's best to get things over with.

Hmmm, he's relentless, Taehyung smiles as he nears Jungkook, who is looking beautiful as always. Except unlike last time, Jungkook looks shy, and he isn't looking at anyone. There's a sad aura around him. He is not the smiling, bubbly, proud Jungkook he remembers.

As Jungkook sees Taehyung approach, he straightens his posture and giving a weak little smile. "Alpha, can we talk?" Jungkook asks hesitantly. In a soft tone of voice, a tone he only used for Justin. 

"I just need you to accept my rejection," Taehyung responds looking anywhere but at him. There is a tug to Taehyung's heart as Jungkook's eyes are swollen and he looks to be in pain. No, Taehyung knows he must be in pain as rejection for an Omega could be fatal, if their mate rejects them three times. 

"Please, let's talk first," Jungkook asks, and their gazes meet. He immediately looks down though avoiding it. A shiver coursing through Jungkook's body. Is he cold? Taehyung wonders as he watches his mate chew his rosy lips.

"Fine, follow me," Taehyung answers him and start walking towards the university's rooftop. No one will bother them there, as these rich kids are too lazy to walk up there.

Jungkook's footsteps are audible behind Taehyung, making him really perplexed. Why is he acting so shy and awkward?

As anticipated the rooftop was deserted and Taehyung walks towards a bench taking a seat. "I don't have all day," Taehyung tells Jungkook patting the empty spot next to him.

Jungkook takes a seat and takes a deep breath before speaking," I understand you have a girlfriend and don't want me as your mate. However, I-I please give me a chance," Jungkook says softly. Again, with that soft, sweet voice, what the hell?

"What? You want me as your mate? Do you understand I am a nobody?" Taehyung asks honestly quite shocked. What is he playing at? Here he is giving Jungkook an out and save himself, but he still wants acceptance! 

It's taking everything in Taehyung to not give in to whatever feeling he has for Jungkook. He still has not decided if he does love him or it's his past feelings. Regardless, if Jungkook doesn't accept rejection then he will be doomed. 

"I don't care. I just want you," Jungkook says with heart eyes. How does Taehyung know, what this look means? Quite simple, it's the same look he used to give him, once upon a time. It's the same look Jungkook gives Justin. Except this time, it was lacking confidence, his gaze was shy. He looks scared.