Thirty One. everything dies

XXXI. everything dies

      Mia felt the after effects of the bus crash

Mia felt the after effects of the bus crash. Her body hurt more than anything, being flung around like she was. Rosita rechecked the stitches on her head, saying that she'd been just fine. She kept the pain she was feeling to herself. She looked through the books that were left on the shelves.

"This town isn't in bad shape." She heard Maggie say from the other room. "This store wasn't even touched. We could make a good base here. Could spent one last day doing a sweep for supplies."

"We'll sweep as we go. We've done it since Houston. We're not stopping now." Rosita declared, eyeing Abraham as she talked.

He was satisfied with her answer. "You heard the lady. We're taking it north."

"Mia got pretty banged up yesterday. I don't think it's a good idea to head out right now." Glenn spoke from the doorway, his gun held tightly in his hands.

Mia didn't want to be the reason they stopped. Getting Eugene to Washington was important. Her pain wasn't. She quickly walked into the room they were all in. "I'm okay," she announced, giving Glenn a nod. "It's just a little pain. I won't die." She thought about that statement. "Well, not now, at least."

Tara snorted at that. Maggie gave her a look. "See? Little lady says she's fine." Abraham insisted with delight.

"We tapped out the toilet. Broad River is five miles west." Tara told them while looking at a map she found. "At the very least, we stock up from there before we find wheels."

"We got a vehicle." He stated and stood from his chair. He made his way to the door, which they had boarded up with cardboard. "Just so happens. . ." He peeked behind the board. "It's for 500 gallons of water on it."

Mia should've expected they weren't luck enough to find a vehicle that works. She stood by Glenn's side and watched Abraham throw a tantrum over the fire truck not running. ". . . There is no damn corner of this damned Earth that has not been dicked hard behind all damned recognition." He fumed and swiftly picked up a plastic bag from the ground. He started trying to pick the remains from the radiator."

"Abraham?" Said Rosita.

"What?"

"That feeds the radiator. The intake for the engine is actually on the roof."

Mia grinned at her knowledge.

Abraham paused what he was doing and looked at her. Slowly, and quietly, he nodded. Mia felt something hit her leg and she looked down, seeing that it was a fire. Furrowing her brows, she and the others looked to the cracked open door. Her eyes went wide when the stack of tires fell, snarling walkers stumbling out. "Oh, shit!"

"Tara, Maggie!" Glenn shouted for the girls.

Just as Mia was about to take out her weapon, Abraham grabbed his gun. "One damn time!" He hollered and started swinging at the walkers.