Twenty Nine. wherever we end up

XXIX. wherever we end up

      Mia didn't know Bob for very long but she knew him enough to know his heart

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

      Mia didn't know Bob for very long but she knew him enough to know his heart. He was funny, he was loyal, and he loved until the very end. Seeing him slowly slip away in front of her eyes broke her. Each one of them said their goodbyes, some more painful than others. She sat at the edge of the sofa and they locked eyes. She thought she knew what to say but it all left her. So she spoke what she truly thought. "I'm so sorry, Bob." She spoke and her voice waved.

"What are you sorry for?" He asked her, his voice weak and fragile.

"I could've done something—"

"No." He shook his head slightly, interrupting her. "I was goin' to die anyway. It doesn't matter in what way."

Her eyes watered and she quickly wiped them.

"You're a brave girl, Mia. Don't ever apologize for things you can't control." He told her with a stern look. "It's all going to be okay. You'll be okay."

Mia blinked and put her hand over his. With a final smile, she squeezed his hand. "Goodbye." She whispered and stood from the couch.

Maggie put her hand on her shoulder. As they started to leave the room, Bob said Rick's name. Sasha sat with him on the bed. Rick began to hand Judith to Carl. "No, let her stay. I trust her." Bob uttered weakly.

"I'm right outside." Sasha told him and released his hand. The three of them left the room.

Carl went and walked Judith around the church. Mia stood by her. "Are you okay?" She voiced.

Sasha tried to stay strong. "I have to be. I know what's going to happen." She responded.

"It's okay to be sad, Sasha. You don't have to be brave right now."

"I always have to be brave, Mia. That's how we survive." Sasha said and looked down at her.

She was right. To survive is to always be on your feet, always looking around you. But Mia understood loss. She understood the feeling of losing someone you love. All she wanted was to feel that love again for just a few minutes. "Bob loves you. He's always going to love you until the end. And you love him. Keep holding onto that feeling. You don't have to be brave right now."

Sasha took in her words and she let them sink in. "You're a wise kid." She said with a small smile.

Mia smiled back. "That's how we survive." She repeated her words.

When Rick exited the room, Rick looked at Sasha. "Go be with him." He told her.

She glanced down at Mia again, who nodded her head, and Sasha went into the room. She closed the door behind her. She went and sat outside on the front steps. It was so bright and her Mia felt like she was still in the dark. She inhaled as much air as she could but it just burned. Everything in her burned. She wanted a new body to replace the one she had. One that wasn't damaged and bruised. The body she had before the apocalypse came. Her innocence was floated away in the wind. Sometimes Mia could see her roaming around, playing in the grass or she could hear her laughter. But that's all she could see because that version of her was gone. She was only a memory.

I Know The Endजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें