Eleven. I think I've seen this film before

XI. I think I've seen this film before

      The council held a meeting and decided the best decision would be to separate the children and elderly from those who were sick or exposed to the illness

      The council held a meeting and decided the best decision would be to separate the children and elderly from those who were sick or exposed to the illness. They would be put into quarantine in cell block A. It was scary. Daryl, Glenn, Rick, Sasha. . . They were all exposed. What would happen to them? Mia didn't want to think about something so tragic but it's all her mind would allow her to think.

She folded her clothes over and over again into her bag. She kept folding and unfolding them to distract herself. She didn't want to be separated from the others. Maggie, Glenn, Beth, Rick; she didn't know how long this quarantine would be. Mia made room in her bag for enough clothes, books, and the photo she had of her family.

She thought of those who would be separated from their loved ones with no knowledge of if they would make it out alive. Carl would be separated from his father and sister. Maggie would be separated from her family and Glenn. Tyreese would be seperated from Sasha. Mia had no one. She was all alone like she always was. Back to square one. Would anyone care if she grew sick and died? Would anyone cry for her or grieve her? Would she leave an impact on anyone like Patrick had done to her?

She stared deeply at the photo in her hands like her family would come back to her. Creased lines appeared over the faces of her father and baby sister almost like the picture knew they were gone. She traveled into the picture back to the time it was taken. She was younger and more lively. Her curls were defined and her brown eyes glimmered. Her skin was clean and tinted light. Lucas was next to her and they decorated the Christmas tree.

It was their favorite family tradition. Paris messing with the ornaments in the box and her parents were watching them happily. Madeline's long and luscious hair fell in perfect curls down her back and her skin was clear and lively. Riley beaming in happiness. The world around them was perfect and they were happy together. There was no harm or worry. They were not deprived or suffering loss. They were alive. It was a memory Mia held onto and chained it to her heart.

In times like this, it haunted her and the sound of glass shattering pierced her ears. The faces of her family morphed into grayish like forms. Her mom's was gone with her dark hair gone and her scalp purple and littered with bruises. Her father and sister were torn to pieces by the very things that haunted the Earth. Lucas was dead in her arms — his blood coating every part of her and staining her skin. No matter how hard she tried, Mia could never wash away the blood. It stuck to her like glue and she wondered Will there ever be a time I feel free? Will there ever be a time I'm not tired and thinking about my deprived innocence of youth?

Carl's heavy footsteps appeared in her cell. His hair was covered by an oversized cowboy hat. A large orange bag slung over his back. They would be going into quarantine together. Mia wondered if the time they would be spending together would allow them to get to know each other more. Maybe they could even become friends. Were they friends now? She was too afraid to ask.