Chapter 7

After a nice few weeks at home I'm now excited to be on my way to Azerbaijan for the fourth race of the season. I'm on the flight with Max and Daniel and we currently have an hour left.

"That's pretty much it, I don't think it's anything else I want you to really think about this weekend, I've got the rest covered." I notice the looks between the two boys once I'm done with my plan for the upcoming days.

"Then maybe you can tell us about Australia...?" My heads snaps to Daniel when I hear his question. He looks uncertain and Max does as well.

"What do you mean? What happened in Australia?"

They both take a look at each other once more before Max starts taking. "The night of the race in Australia we saw you go home with Charles. Maybe you can elaborate that?" I sigh. I've really tried not to think about Charles this time when I've been at home. Since I left him alone in my hotel room that morning I haven't seen him or talked to him at all.

Almost, at least.

He did text me once, asking how I was feeling. I answered shortly with an 'I'm fine'. I've been trying to keep him at a distance, knowing how much he'd just want to contact someone to get me some help that I don't need.

"Well he saw me, and we started talking. And then we just walked together back to the hotel and he ended up staying. He slept on the couch and nothing happened. There you have it." The both of them go quiet.

"Why? What happened? Like what led up to it?" They're sitting in front of me, both of them leaned forward, very much interested in my private life.

"I don't think I've met two more nosy people than you guys." I'm laughing at them as I pick up my computer to set up my schedule for the weekend.

"I can't believe this. You're starting to treat us like colleagues." Now I laugh at Daniel even more.

"You are my colleagues."

"We're your best friends. Your platonic soulmates. Your favorite people ever." I patiently wait for Max to finish his sentence, a smile prominent on my face.

"Of course. Though I'm sure you can pressure Charles as much as you can me, so why don't you try there instead? Yeah?" My sarcastic voice shines trough before I place my headphones over on head.

It doesn't take too long until we've arrived in Azerbaijan. I'm in my hotel room, taking it easy after the long flight. I don't get much time of it though. A few seconds later I hear a knock on my door. I have my guesses of who it could be, and when I open I realize I'm completely right.

"What are you doing here? And who did you bribe to get my room number?" He chuckles before walking right into the room without my permission.

"Why are Max and Daniel attacking me like I've been in a scandal?" I laugh a little, I can't help but. I close the door and walk further to stand in front of him in the room.

"Because in their eyes you have," I start. He frowns with a smile on his face. "They saw us leave the club together in Australia. When I wasn't in the mood to answer their one thousand questions, I told them to ask you instead." He shakes his head at me.

"How are you?" I shrug to him.

"I'm good," I just say. He raises an eyebrow.

"You're good? What's 'good' in your eyes?"

"It means I'm fine, Charles. It means you shouldn't worry, and you shouldn't come unannounced to my hotel room just to check up in me." I have a stern look on my face. He smiles a little.

"I'm always gonna worry, you know that." I just roll my eyes, trying not to be affected by his words.

"Was that all?" He scoffs out a laugh and then a sits down on the bed. He pats the spot next to him giving my face a concerned look. I then sit down next to him.

He hands me his phone. It's unlocked and logged into his text messages. I take it from his hand to read and start by looking at the name at the top of the screen.

Charlotte

I continue to the actual messages.

Me (Charles)
What were you doing in Monza last year?

Charlotte
I don't remember being there
I hadn't met you then

Me (Charles)
I have a picture of you in the paddock

Charlotte
That could be from Singapore
I wasn't in Monza

Me (Charles)
We're wearing our special race suits, we only wore them in Monza last year
You were there

Charlotte
Someone might have edited me in the picture

Me (Charles)
Why would anyone do that
No one knows you?

Charlotte
I don't know, but I wasn't there

I don't really know what to say. It does make me believe Charles a bit more, but my overthinking brain tells me not to trust him fully yet. "I'm not sure what to say."

"Don't you think it's weird?"

I shrug. "Of course I do." That didn't sound very believable.

"You still don't trust that I didn't know her then?" His voice is hurt. It's almost hard to admit it to him.

"It's not like that. I can't just throw away everything else." I hear him sigh, but I can't look at him. In my rear view I can see him shake his head.

"But at least believe that, you can't really think I was seeing her. I was completely hung up on someone else." I roll my eyes again and just shake my head, I would like to not smile right now though it's hard not to. "Help me with this, she has to have a reason to why she was there." I nod along. I don't really know what to say honestly. Though I can't say I'm not curious.

A/N:

I am so sorry for not updating in a while. I know it's almost been a month but I've had insanely many exams lately. Though I had my last one yesterday so here you have the next chapter.

Xoxo

Blinded - Charles Leclercजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें