Chapter 16

Of course I have not told anybody about mine and Charles's hookup, except for Gaby. But she doesn't count because she knows everything about me. But out of the guys, there is no one who knows and I'd really like to keep it that way.

Without meeting Charles's eyes next to me, I take a shot and throws it down my throat. The table starts making sounds and they know Carlos just found something they can use. They know I won't answer which means they could keep asking me, potentially making me very, very drunk tonight.

Not that it would be hard to get me drunk right now. I haven't eaten much today.

We keep on playing for awhile until some of the guys leave to go to the bar and it's not many left at the table. It's me, Yuki, Lando and Lewis.

"Does anybody want to dance?" I feel myself tremble over the words but they all seem to understand me perfectly. They all groan and shake their heads. "Fine, I'll go dance on my own then." I stand up and need to hold on to my chair for a bit to regain my balance.

My body feels free and smooth. I've danced with plenty of people but I don't know any of them. This guy comes up to me. He's tall and have piercing blue eyes. Even in here, where there isn't much lights, I can see the color of them.

"Hi beautiful!" I giggle at him and he smiles at me.

Just as he's about to put his hand around me I feel a pair of hands from behind instead. "Maybe it's time for you to go somewhere else?" The familiar voice says, close to me with his hand around my waist.

The guy gets uncomfortable quickly and walks away. With that I turn around to look at Charles. He has a stern look on his face when we lock eyes. He's drunk, just like I am.

"What was that if I may ask?" He shakes his head, not wanting to answer me. "Is someone jealous?" I poke his nose and smirk at him, knowing he can't stand me playing with him.

"After your little game in the car you should be lucky we even got here, don't test me." I let out a laugh and smirk, knowing I've hit a nerve in him.

"I think you should blame yourself for not containing your excitement earlier." I smile, satisfied when I see his frustrated look.

"You're one of a kind, to say the least." I don't know if he said that as a compliment but I choose to take it as one.

"Thank you, sweet thing." I pat his cheek and can't contain my laughter. It's a long time since I've seen him this irritated.

Now with his hand on my hips, I lay my arms on his broad shoulders. I sway my hips around feeling a little dizzy. Charles notice this in a second.

"Are you maybe too drunk?" He asks me, suddenly concerned. Maybe he wasn't just as drunk as I thought he was. I nod a bit before my head falls right into his chest. I hear his soft snickering above me and he steadies his grip he had on me before he starts walking with me towards the exit.

As soon as we get out he finds a car to take us away from the club. "Where are we going?" I don't bother open my eyes as I know I'm in Charles' arms, feeling very safe.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked me back and I think hard.

"I want an ice tea." He laughs at me.

"What?"

"Yeah, don't you have ice tea in Monaco or what?" We're in the car now and I hear him tell the driver to take us to my hotel.

"I might have it at home. We'll go back to my apartment, if that's alright?" I nod a bit with my head resting on his shoulder.

It feels like a second later we're suddenly stopping. "We're here." Charles says quietly in my ear and I sit myself up, feeling a bit more sober, definitely still drunk but not wasted.