Don't you dare

I cleared my throat before answering the phone, I guess so I could try and sound like as much of a man as possible.   

Wait do I really have to answer this?   

Just do it, see what he has to say, it might not be as bad as you think, the voice in my head attempted to calm me down.   

Right well... Here goes nothing.   

"H-hello?" I attempted to make myself sound somewhat normal, although I was spazzing out internally.   

"Daniel, listen to me and listen good. I've seen your new video... I've known about your YouTube business for a long time now...."   

The tone in my dad's voice was firm, but not very angry, so I was wondering where he was going with this.   

"Yeah... So what are you saying?" I wasn't trying to be 'nice' to him because I wasn't expecting this would end well anyway.   

"I never had any problem with your other videos, as they were funny and you've been quite successful with what you do. But you being with Phil... This ain't gonna fly with me. I always knew you were a little faggot. I've never accepted it before, and I never will so you can forget that right now." He began to raise his voice, and I could not believe what he just said to me.   

"Don't you dare fucking think you're going to take this away from me, or change me! Because THAT ain't gonna fly with ME!" I looked over at Phil, who was basically huddled in the corner of our bed, and I leant in to kiss him quickly, and show him that I meant I wasn't gonna lose him.   

"That's real funny, son. Your mum might accept this, or even encourage it, but I am not your mum, nor will I ever be on the same page as her with this. So, this is being put to a stop, from this point forward. Hope you enjoyed it while it lasted." He seemed to be having fun toying with my emotions, but as bad as this gets, he won't get away with it, I promise that.   

"What exactly is your plan to take him away from me?! And WHY? Do you not believe he loves me? Cause he can tell you right now!!"   

I handed Phil the phone after I put it on speaker, as I wanted to hear what my dad was gonna say to him.     

"Mr. Howell, I don't want to start trouble with you. But I've loved Dan since the moment I laid eyes on him, he's my whole world. He knows I would never hurt him because his trusts me. But the main thing is, he loves me too, and I think you need to learn to accept that." Phil spoke as calmly as possible, obviously because he didn't want to join the screaming-fest occurring between my father and I, which I don't blame him.   

"I don't care, you little shit. I know where you guys live, and if I need to come down there to straighten you both out, then don't think I'll hesitate to do so. I guess I'll be seeing you soon." And with that, he hung up.   

I launched my phone into the wall, and it cracked, coincidentally just as it did in Phil's dream.   

Phil began to sob into his knees uncontrollably. I adjusted my sitting position so that I could wrap my arms around him tightly, and press a kiss to his head.   

"I can't believe this Dan... He's going t- he's gonna kill me" Phil continued to bawl his eyes out, and god it was an awful sight. I couldn't stand seeing the love of my life fall apart in my arms.   

"Phil! He's not gonna do ANYTHING, okay? He can talk shit all he wants, he can even come here for all I care. But I will take him down, I don't care what I have to do. All I know is that he is not gonna hurt us, especially not you." I made this promise to Phil, and I intended to keep it.   

"What if he brings weapons Dan? What if he brings a bunch of people to gang up on us? He could do anything."   

I lifted Phil's head from his knees so that I could gaze deeply into his ocean colored eyes.   

"Listen to me, Phil. I don't care what it takes, but I'm gonna make sure that we'll get through this. Look at all we've gotten through lately. That proves we can get through whatever happens, including this. Don't you trust me, babe?"   

Tears cascaded from Phil's eyes after I said all this. I wiped them away, but continued to get lost in his blissful eyes. His gaze captured me like no other.   

"Of course I trust you, Dan. I just don't know what your dad is capable of... Well I know what he did to you, which is why I'm afraid he'll do it again. I don't care if he beats me up, I just don't want you hurt."    It tore me up that Phil was only really worried about me. I know that's a hypocritical thing to say, as I was only worried about him too, but I couldn't help it. I need him. He shouldn't have to suffer because of my mental father.   

"I'm glad you trust me, because I won't let this end. You know, if I have to kill him to keep my promise to you... I will." My voice was harsh and cold, as my emotion was directed towards my cowardly father.   

"Dan that is crazy, you don't h-"  

"Phil if that's what it takes to keep you in my life and in my arms, don't think that I won't hesitate to do that."  

"I love you so much, Dan. No matters what happens, don't forget that." Phil whispered those words as if they were the last he'd ever say.   

"I love you too Phil, al-"   My voice and train of thought were cut off as our door was broken down.   

This was another scenario in which I wished I could just wake up, but I had to face reality... And prepare for the fight of my life.   

...Even if this could be a fight to the death.   

                            ______________________________________________________
Sadly, this story will be coming to an end within the next few chapters :/ I've definitely enjoyed writing, and hope you all enjoyed reading! But don't worry, there will be many more fanfics to come! I'm working on another one already ^__^