Is this reality?

"Erm, Mr.Lester?"

I slowly opened my eyes to reality, letting the mysteries of dreamland fade away once more as I saw Doctor Fabrice by my bedside.

"Uh yes?" I questioned, sort of wishing he'd have just told me what he had to from the start.

"We've been noticing major improvement in your condition, and you seem to be in much less pain. So, you should be well enough to return home today, if you'd like." He flashed me a smile of reassurance.

"That'd be wonderful, thank you." I smiled back. "Wait um, have you seen-"

"Dan? Yes, he just went out to get you a snack, actually. He told me to tell you that he'll take you home, so wait until he gets back, okay?" Dr. Fabrice informed me.

"Oh okay great. Will do, thanks." I replied simply as the doctor gave me a thumbs-up and walked out into another room.

I sat up and took a sip of the water that I had kept by my bedside.

Honestly I did feel a whole lot better, because normally I would feel majorly dizzy and my head would throb when I would even attempt to sit up.

Might as well get changed, I thought.

I got up to close the door, just as Dan was about to come strolling in.

Oops.

"Whoa Phil, still pissed at me so you're gonna slam doors in my face? I see how it is." Dan commented sarcastically as he set the snacks down on the nearest table.

"Hahah nah, if I was still THAT pissed, I'd go to even more extreme lengths than that." I had to tease him like this, just for kicks.

"More extreme than running out in front of a bus?" He joked with a waiting-for-your-reaction face.

I sighed heavily and muttered, "not funny, Dan..."

He rolled his gleaming eyes before agreeing, "right, sorry Phil."

I gave a weak half smile before taking some of the snacks and just shoving them in my face.

Don't judge me, I was starving. They barely feed us anything in this hospital, and I wasn't exactly in the best shape for eating full meals.

"So um, Phil?" Dan spoke up, twiddling his thumbs like he was nervous or something.

"Hmm?" I tried making eye contact with him but he just kept his head down.

"Phil do you r- are you ready to go home?"

I was taken aback a bit by his question, as it seemed like he was originally gonna ask something else, but I just nodded in response.

He smiled and grabbed the snacks, shoving them into the bag of extra clothes he brought for me.

"Right then, let's go check you out of here." He paused before snaking his arm around my waist.

Why was he- oh right, I'm injured and he's helping me walk.

Duh, Phil.

I rested my arm over his shoulder and we began making our way out of the room just like that.

We spotted Dr.Fabrice talking to one of the nurses around the corner.

"Hey Doc, we're leaving now. Thanks for everything!" Dan thanked him for me, before I could even speak.

I simply smiled and nodded at the doctor before he replied with, "no problem, get some rest!"

We waved to him before exiting the building, and working our way towards Dan's car in the parking lot.

Well, thankfully he was smart enough to park somewhat close.

He helped me inside and closed the door behind me, as if he was a limo driver or something.

"So Phil are we like... okay now?" Dan questioned, keeping his eyes fixed on the road ahead.

"Yeah, I suppose... I mean I understand now that you explained to me what happened to you in the past. But really, I shouldn't have been reading fanfiction about us anyway. I'm sorry, Dan..." My voice faded, I had no idea what else I could possibly add right now.

"No Phil, it's not your fault. What you did isn't even a big deal at all. I understand your curiousity of it, honestly." Dan shrugged and glanced over at me.

I peered over at him and sighed, "really? I mean you know, I was just curious as to what exactly they were about. And of course how far the shippers of us went... which is pretty far, haha" I laughed a bit, uneasily though, as I wished we could go far for real.

"Yeah, the Phandom is made up of some cheeky little bastards, really." Dan giggled in his adorable fashion as he pulled up to our flat.

"Wow..." I admired the place, and the fact that I could still call it 'home'. "I didn't thnk I'd be seeing this place again."

Dan frowned, "Yeah, I know"

We walked in together silently after the door was unlocked, and Dan set down all his things.

"Well here you are.. Home sweet home." Dan smiled at me, revealing his amazing little dimples.

"It really feels good to be back, Dan." I couldn't help but smile in return.

"Good, I'm glad you're back." He pulled me in for a tight embrace, and I melted into him. I literally had to try not to hold him forever.

"Thanks", I smiled and blushed a bit, praying he wouldn't notice. "I'm kinda tired though, I think I should sleep for a while."

"Go right ahead, Phil. You need your rest." He spoke softly before pulling me in again gently and pressing a soft kiss to my bruised cheek.

I smiled like a bloody idiot, and simply nodded to him before limping to my room and crawling into my incredibly comfortable bed.

I drifted away quite quickly, and it began again.

His smile was so white and perfect, it could stab you in the heart.

I felt the slight pressure of his arm around me, and I knew a smile was bound to explode on my face.

His eyes trapped my gaze like usual. They burned like the sun, and I just couldn't look away.

It was almost like he was slowly getting closer, just as his eyes slipped closed.

A gentle, warm pressure was forced upon my lips, but I didn't object. It felt so real, and so right. 

I jolted awake, almost like you would during a roaring thunderstorm within the night.

"Ouch..." I whispered, holding my head in my hands. I could've sworn that I cracked it on something.

That's when I realized that Dan was right in front of me, leaning down over my bed... and also rubbing his forehead.

"Dan wh- how did we both h- wait.." I actually tasted a tad of lip balm on my lips.

I never used lip balm, really... but Dan did.

Hmm I just, I thought that dream did feel pretty real...

"Dan were you-"

"I-I'm sorry Phil..." He backed away cautiously, then sprinted out of my room.

I just chuckled to myself.

I don't know what's going on, but I think I like it.