*Chapter 40: The Pomegranate and the Blue Butterfly

Where are you at?

Where have you been?

'Under the Tree' by SiM

====================================

You and Eren sit in your small outdoor pool overlooking the Aegean Sea quietly, watching the beautiful sunset over the crystal blue waters. You both breathe the salty sea air in deeply and hold each other, perfectly content to stay in this one place forever. The waters of the Aegean swirl and travel and flow in and out of the Mediterranean Sea just a few hundred miles away. The waters of the Mediterranean swirl and run between the coasts of Europe and Africa and across the sea and a few millennia ago, a coastal city sits in Egypt with an ancient library and lighthouse in its harbour.

It's a dark night in Alexandria, Egypt and you stand on the steps of your temple inside the city, your purple eyes watching that lighthouse intently. You watch its flaming beacon at the top rise and shine bright enough for sailors and fishermen to see. You stare out at the Mediterranean, stare at the one tiny fishing boat making its way in as the city falls quiet for the night.

You're standing against a large temple pillar, watching the Alexandria Lighthouse as it stands against the backdrop of a pitch-black sea made of stars. The crickets chirp loudly and the pillars of fire just outside your chambers flicker in the wind every now and then but otherwise, the night is calm.

You shift as you lean against the pillar, wearing your long red hair, your see-through white sheath dress that hangs off your neck, dips well below your cleavage, and shows off the entirety of your back. Your eyes, circled in thick black kohl eye shadow, glow violet as you quietly stare outside in stunned silence, taking in everything you've just heard in the last few hours. You've been reawakened, your memories of yourself and your past lives with Eren have been reawakened to your complete disbelief.

The large doors to your bedchambers open and you turn to watch Eren walk in, his hair hanging down his back, his bare tattooed chest broad and hard, his lower body wrapped in a white belted kilt. His own green eyes are wrapped in thick kohl eyeliner as he strides up to you, your black panther Luna by his side.

He comes and stands in front of you, towering over you, a Greek god in Egyptian attire. You look at him sorrowfully and he breathes heavily. He's an imposing and intimidating figure but his eyes show softness and sadness. You sniffle and reach up to grab his neck to bring him down to kiss you. He moans as he holds you as you kiss passionately, his hands reaching under your low-backside fabric to squeeze your ass, desperate for you. You both kiss for several minutes, reunited and desperate for each other.

You pull away as he holds you in his arms and you reach up to caress his smooth face as he looks down at you in adoration, his green eyes glowing.

"Oh Eren, my love, my life," you say gently, "I can't bear the thought of you leaving my side again."

"I know, I can't either," he murmurs as he leans his forehead into yours. "Not now that you've come back to me..."

"As much as I can," you murmur softly as you press your forehead into his and gaze into his eyes. "I'm so sorry, that stupid bloody curse Eren..."

"Shh, don't Eury," he says and kisses your forehead. "You did it cause you had too..."

"Tell me," you sigh gently, "tell me who I am too you..."

"You're my everything," Eren says gently as he gazes in your eyes, his green eyes wrapped in black. "You're sweet and kind, headstrong and brave, and so fucking fierce... I wish I could've stayed with you in Greece. I wish I could stay with you forever..."