*Chapter 19: The Shoppe Girl and the Armour Titan

Late that night, you drive around Shiganshina's freeway, passing a few cars here and there as you head for your last stop. The sky brightens with a strike of lightning as you hear a rumbling sound as you drive, your lilac hair blowing in the dark and soon your convertible whizzes past a motorcycle going in the opposite direction. Eren drives this motorcycle and turns his head quickly, not sure if he recognized you with your purple hair. He debates and looks for a place to do a u-turn but there are no openings, just cement barriers, and soon Eren sighs. There's no way to get over to you. He'll have to think of something else...

He drives back to his and Mikasa's apartment where Mikasa's waiting up for him. Her head is now covered in patches of hair, her mind with anxiety.

"Well? What happened Eren? What did you do?" she asks as he walks in and Eren sighs heavily, unable to meet her gaze. He huffs quietly and reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out Carla's wedding ring.

Mikasa looks at it and her eyes widen. "Eren...you—you said you buried it with Rose..."

Eren nods as he looks at it. "I did... and I found it under the tree. It was lying completely alone Mikasa, her headstone's gone." His face cracks as he squeezes the ring in the palm of his hand. "Her body's gone Mikasa! Her body and Lily's...It'—it's like she's erased herself from me..."

"Ohh Eren, this is awful..." Mikasa says. "I—I feel so guilty Eren, I never even thought of Rose or Lily getting hurt...I... I never even thought of them after that first night..." she says, her cheeks burning in shame.

Eren sniffles and wipes tears from his cheeks as he stands in the living room and Mikasa gives his hand a supportive squeeze. He sniffles as he steps away from her and takes off his jacket.

"Mikasa, if it's okay...I think I'm gonna go sleep on the couch for a while..." he says quietly and Mikaa nods.

"Yeah Eren, I think that's for the best."

------------------------------------------------------------

You stand in front of a new apartment building, still wearing your trench coat over your flesh-coloured bodycon dress. You dim down your glowing violet eyes as you step into the building and walk up to the fourth floor in your heels. You head down the hallway and quietly step into an apartment. Inside of it lays a bachelor suite, clearly owned by a guy in his twenties. It's mostly clean but there's posters pinned to the wall, some dirty laundry on the floor, some dishes scattered around.

There's a mattress laying on a base board, held up by cinderblocks. On it lays a shirtless guy, larger framed, muscular, and broad-shouldered. He has hazel eyes and short blonde hair, and a broad brow ridge, his face now clean-shaven. He lays on his side, staring out his window at the starry night sky. He can't sleep tonight; he's been having a hard time sleeping lately. He's not sure why, but he is sure he's been having weird dreams lately. Weird dreams about a redheaded woman he once knew; a redheaded woman who he fell in love with from a distance before she disappeared from the world one spring night, never to be seen again.

You sigh quietly as you walk up to Reiner and his eyes slowly move till they fall on you. You give him a small smile as you approach his bed slowly and sit down and twist yourself to caress his face gently.

"Hey you," you whisper gently. "I'm sorry I couldn't come sooner..."

"Why didn't you?" Reiner whispers back, "I needed to see you, Rose..."

You smile as he rolls to his back to look up at you fully. "I...I don't know...I wanted you to move on Reiner... I thought you would by now."

"I'm sorry, I know Eren has but I haven't," Reiner says quietly as he moves one arm to lay behind his head while the other grazes your arm.