Chapter 09: Eren's Path

Fragments of time, so many fragments of memories flash before his eyes and form a vivid picture of his life. His two lives as Eren Jaeger, Paradis' Saviour, and Eren Jaeger, frontman of Paradis Devils. He can see memories of wrapping a red scarf around Mikasa and witnessing his mom getting eaten. He remembers vividly saving Armin from the mouth of a Titan and watching in horror as his arm was bitten off. He remembers being swallowed whole and stewing in the hot, twisted sewage of that Titan's belly before transforming into the Attack Titan, bursting out into the open air.

Eren feels all these memories flood into his mind after lying dormant for so long. They mix and twist with the memories of his life now, and he witnesses his mom being eaten along with watching his parents die in a car crash, the twisted metal coming right for him and somehow sparing him. He witnesses living life as a scout in the survey corps, riding alongside Mikasa and Armin while simultaneously living life as a high school student, listening to records in his room with a goth Mikasa and nerdy Armin.

And he sees memories of you in your life as Yurie mix and mingle with your life as Rose. He sees now all the fragments he saw when he watched you run past him on the beach. He saw a fragment of your life together in the future, in the past. He saw you run past him in your strappy purple bikini just as he was seeing you walk past him in your smart black dress, a purple flower strategically placed over your cleavage, and a large black hat with a purple ribbon hiding your red hair.

His memories of working as your assistant in your photography shop mix and twist with living with you as your roommate, making dinner for you as you passively worked on your laptop, huffing about the record label party you had been ordered to organize.

Eren's green eyes open slowly, tears forming in them, and he finds himself standing alone on the sandy shore in the paths, the starry sea lapping up near his feet. He looks around in confusion, you were just standing here with him a minute ago.

"Yur—Rose?" Eren says as his head twists around. He gasps as he sees you down at his feet, the water lapping around you as you lie unconscious. "What the fuck??" he whimpers as he quickly bends down to pick you up.

"Baby?" he trembles fearfully. You let out a small murmur in response and Eren lets out a huge sigh of relief.

"Thank fucking god," he whispers and kisses your face and hair as you lay in his arms. He sniffles and sees the beach house far off in the distance. He carries you back, trembling as he processes everything. His mind races a mile a second, twisting horribly as past, present, and future, this world and his original melt and mix.

He shakily kisses your cheek as he once again carries your body and hears your last screams in his head. He can hardly believe that he can hear you screaming his name as your son screams in your arms. His son... the son that he killed.... How the fuck could he have ever gone through with something so absolutely unspeakably evil?

"That's two fucking kids Rose..." he whimpers, his heart breaking. "Two of our kids I've killed—" Eren stops as he processes the real truth. He's not just responsible for the death of his children, he's responsible for the death of millions if not billions.

His heart sinks and his chest caves in at the realization. How will he ever live with himself, knowing who he is, who he really is?

"Holy fucking shit...oh my fucking god..." he sobs as he starts walking again. He gets up to the beach house and kneels to gently place you down on your mattress. He grabs the small sheet on your bed and pulls it up, crying as he tucks you in. "Rose... baby...please wake up. I need to talk to you; I really need to fucking talk to you..."

He lays down next to you and caresses your cheek as you lie in a deep sleep. As you feel his caresses, you let out a small sound and tilt your head to him and he leans forward and feverishly kisses your forehead and your slightly open lips.