Steve

[Y/N]'S POV.

You stood next to steve in the garage. He was fixing up a car again. Same old routine. Fix the car, clock out, get food, sleep. He never spent any personal time with you. You felt annoyed, depressed and angry all at once. What could you do about it? Nothing. Well... You could break up with him, but how would he take that? How would you take that.

"Hey uh steve?" you tried to spark conversation and see what he would do if you broke up.

"What?" he asked, clearly frustrated.

"Well geez... Uh so i have a question. Not like its really like real or anything but uh- what you do if we broke up?" you asked.

You were glad he was still under the car so wouldn't see his reaction, but his reaction wasn't even close to what you thought.

"I dunno... Why you askin?" he asked.

You felt angry tears boil up unside you.

"You don't know? Really?" you tried again to see if he was joking. No attention now no reaction?

"Well i guess I'd be upset a little... I mean ya are my girl n all but..." he trailed off and went back to the car.

"Okay then. I'm done. We're done." you folded your arms and stomped out of the DX leaving everything behind.

You went to the dingo and ate a burger in silence. It was weird without steve telling his usual car adventures and stupid jokes that could never even begin to compare to Two bits, but it made you laugh at the effort. You frowned and pushed any thoughts of him aside. You wouldn't even think of him. You finished and left to go hang with the gang. Even if steve was there, you would ignore him. Stomping over you heard a car engine roar behind you. You rolled your eyes as the mustang pulled up beside you.

"Hey pretty girl... Who knew a greaser could be so hot?" the driver asked his friends.

They all chuckled and you walked faster to the house. You weren't very far and figured you could make a run for it. But just as you tried to run, they all hopped out and pinned you down on the concrete.

"Too bad we have to ruin that eh.." the driver pulled out a switchblade.

You inhaled sharply. "No please... Help! HELP HELP!" you screamed as the boy put the blade up to your neck.

You screamed your last time and he lifted your gray t shirt up. He let the edge of the blade slide across your stomach. It left a small gash, bleeding. Then he left another trailing blood down your side. You yelped and screamed again. This time you heard feet and hollers. The socs got up and ran to their car and drove off. You winced in pain as you tried to sit up. You ended laying back down and waiting for the gang to notice you. They chased after the car for a bit and threw random objects. Eventually ponyboy and johnny ran to your side.

"Oh.. You okay?" pony asked. And unlike steve, you happened to adore him, so even though you were in deathly pain, you were kind.

"No... I have some gashes on my stomach." you hissed as they stood you up. Steve rushed over and saw the blood trickle down to your pants.

"C'mon get er to the house." steve instructed holding his nose.

They helped you to the curtis house and sat you in the bathroom. Steve then walked in with a rag. You looked down as he got closer.

"Lift up your shirt." he said. He had already shut the door, so you obeyed.

He quickly dabbed at it. While he stayed focused on his task you eyed his nose. Didn't look broken but was bruised pretty badly. You brushed your fingers on it and he winced.

"Can ya not do that right now-" you snatched the rag and dabbed at his nose. He shivered but let you.

You finished and you both stared at each other. He then leaned in and you could feel your heart skip a beat. He broke away and blushed. You had never kissed.

"Uh- sorry." he said looking down.

"It's fine. If i wouldnt have left, you wouldn't have gotten hurt.." you said ashamed. And it was half true.

"No. I should've spent more time with you. Not my car." he started. "And if you take me back i will. I promise."

You nodded amd hugged him but then winced again.

"That's gonna need time to heal.. Ow." you said giggling.

He smiled and pecked your cheek.

A/N

So tried... But i need to srsly stop doing sad imagines. Well sorta. In my head they don't usually have happy endings :( but oh well.