Alarm Waking Sound

I came back from Amy's room in the HQ north of the resistance headquarters. I walked off to Infinite's study as I entered his and my infrastructure. He was sitting in a chair, looking as imposing as ever.

He had quit wearing his mask after the ruby was removed from his chest before, but right now, I questioned if it was true.  Suddenly, I saw the ruby back in his chest again. "Infinite, why did you put it back in?" I asked, shocked. He wasn't supposed to put it back in, nor let it control him. He let out a sinister laugh and then answered, "The ruby created my powers..." I felt unease and disappointed.

"Infinite, why would you do this?" I questioned. He chuckled as he fixed his mask and replied, "The Phantom Ruby is the one Dr. Eggman created for me to control, normal people, maybe even mere rabble like you." I was shocked. This wasn't the Infinite I knew. I had to leave, but he shut the door. Suddenly, dark energy grew in his hand, crackling with power before it hit me.

I stared at him, feeling betrayed and gasping for air as I fell to the ground, paralyzed. I looked up at him, unable to move, as he menacingly laughed and said, "And as if the world answers, to send me a trembling child, Again..." My vision blurred out, causing me to pass out..

I clutched my sides, the pain shooting through me like a dagger. The walls around me were curved, disorienting me for a moment as I tried to get my bearings. I gingerly sat down, wincing at the throbbing in my side. Rubble lay scattered around me, and my hand brushed against the broken Nokia in my pocket. With shaky fingers, I began to piece it back together, hoping it would still work. As I struggled to repair the phone, I realized just how deep underground I was.

The light from above seemed impossibly far away, at least sixty feet up. The person who had dug this hole was clearly ruthless and devious. Finally fixing the phone, I dialed Tails' number, praying for a signal. He picked up after a few rings, his voice crackling through the poor connection. "Y/C, is that you?" he asked.

I hurriedly explained my situation, my voice strained with pain. Tails told me to hang on, promising to trace my location. As I waited, the pain in my side intensified, and I felt a sickening warmth spreading. Desperate to hold myself together, I pressed my gloves against the wound, hoping to stem the flow of black liquid.

Tails called back, relief flooding me as he informed me that Rouge and Knuckles were on their way to rescue me. Just as I thanked him, my phone died, leaving me in darkness once more. With a heavy heart, I clung to hope, knowing that my friends were on their way. And as I waited in the shadows, I whispered a silent thank you to Tails, knowing that he would always have my back.