Confusing dreams.

(Readers Pov)

I find myself sitting at my desk, surrounded by my classmates. Although I wasn't the most popular one in the class, I was grateful for the few friends I had. One of my friends, in particular, was a bit awkward and not the brightest, but that did not deter me from cherishing our friendship.

As I raised my hand to ask my teacher for permission to use the bathroom, I felt a sudden urge to escape from the monotonous routine of the classroom. After receiving her nod of approval, I made my way to the bathroom. However, as I was about to leave the stall, I overheard a group of girls entering and engaging in idle gossip about my dear friend. Their hurtful comments about her appearance and other immature remarks made me feel angry and sad at the same time.

Feeling a sudden urge to take action, I decided to play a harmless prank on the girls by sneaking out and turning off the lights. It was not something that I would typically do, but I could not stand by and let them continue their bickering.

As the school bell rang to signal the end of the day, I packed my things and headed home. I couldn't help but think about the upcoming war draft, which had been looming over me. I tried to keep myself busy and distracted, hoping to avoid the anxiety that came with the thought of being drafted. But as night fell, insomnia set in, and my mind started to race with thoughts and worries.