The Betrayal and Redemption of Metal Sonic

(Readers POV)

I wake up in my bed, it's 7pm. The dream I had was so real, it felt vivid and lifelike. But as I get out of bed, I hear my phone ringing. I realize how long I've been gone from Sonic's group of resistance. I answer the phone and it's Sonic on the other end. "You've been gone for weeks, pal. Are you okay?" he asks. I reply, "I don't know how, but Infinite's own ruby managed to convince him to join the good side." Sonic replies, "Woah, slow down... it did what?"

"Yes, it did," I answer.

Suddenly, the power shuts off, but the hallway lights remain lit by torches. I walk out and head to Infinite's room. I see dark glowing eyes, red like fire. It's Metal Sonic. I quickly close the door and back away.

I see Infinite, his sword holstered at his side, finally testing the armor he had been working on. He tells me to step back as he opens the door. We both see Metal Sonic holding the ruby, about to send it into the portal that leads to Eggman's place.

Infinite asks, "Why would you come this far to do all this work when Eggman is the bad one?" Metal Sonic utters, "I have a mission to fulfill, and besides, Dr. Eggman created me, not you. Leave yourself out of this, Infinite."

Infinite answers, "You just know he's going to leave you in the end, Metal. Remember, he left you in the snow, but Amy came to get you. Y/C told me about it. You know Dr. Eggman is truly disloyal. Stop trying to prove yourself to him."

(Metal Sonic's POV)

The Betrayal
He might be right. But I have a mission to fulfill myself. But is it true that Dr. Eggman would just discard me? I see Dr. Eggman looking into the portal and he answers, "Don't listen to that rascal, Infinite!" All the times his creations left him come flooding into my metallic brain.

A realization hits me like a train. Eggman does discard all his creations when he gets what he wants. I cross my arms and set the crystal gem, whatever it's called, down on the desk. "I finally understand it all, but I was just too glued to you." Before I can close the portal Dr. Eggman shows all the resistance beings he has captured in his lair - Sonic, Rouge, Shadow, Amy, and all the others.

Infinite looks surprised and utters, "Do you still want to try and prove yourself and seek validation from Eggman?" I think about this deeply. The fate of the whole world is at stake, and what were to happen if I let it crumble under Eggman's hand. This is not the type of stuff I'm good at, but my metallic thoughts tell me so. After all, Eggman made me to be like a pawn for his entertainment. I'm just a nothing less than a pawn in his games. Otherwise, my loyalty is  winning.

I decide that the world should have another chance. It's unexpected of me, but my thoughts are empty. Right now, I'm committed to Eggman. Eggman utters through the portal, "Don't betray me now..." he winks. I know the plan. Im not gonna tell anyone, yet I have to gain their trust.
I nod as I look at Eggman, and I shut the portal. For now, I have to let my stubborn and grumbly side slide. I hate the resistance as much as Dr. Eggman, but for now, I have to wait for a plan from Dr Eggman in secret. Infinite gives me a calculating cold stare before giving a low annoyed "thanks... but this doesn't change anything." I ignore it because I have better things to do than loathe with these pathetic humans.

I just hope they will trust me so I can get the job done with Eggman. For now, I have to play along and act for Infinite and whoever (Y/C) is. I don't feel for the resistance or the good people right now. I have an objective - take the ruby and bide the time until it's time to betray Infinite and (Y/C) especially the resistance. I have a switch behind my neck that turns off my deviant side. I can't betray Dr. Eggman.