A Safe Place/Safe Person

(Amy's Pov)

I sat on the cold, hard chair, my hands tied behind my back. Metal Sonic loomed over me, his glowing red eyes fixed on my every move. I knew I had to escape, but it seemed impossible with him standing guard.

Just as I was starting to lose hope, there was a knock on the door. Metal Sonic's head jerked towards the sound, and he moved to answer it, only loosening my hands slightly in the process. I seized the opportunity and quickly worked to free myself from the ropes. With my hands now somewhat free, I struggled to untie the binding around my ankle.

Finally, the ropes gave way, and I bolted towards the window, throwing it open and leaping out into the night. The cold air stung my bare feet as I raced through the woods, branches scratching at my skin. I could hear Metal Sonic's robotic footsteps behind me, his mechanical voice calling out my name. I knew I couldn't keep running forever, my feet throbbing with pain.

Gritting my teeth, I found a bush to hide in, the thorns piercing my skin as I tried to stay silent. I held my breath as Metal Sonic searched for me, praying he wouldn't find my hiding spot.

After what felt like an eternity, I heard the sound of his footsteps receding. I waited a few more minutes before cautiously emerging from my hiding place, my heart still pounding in my chest. I knew I had narrowly escaped a dangerous situation, but I also knew that I couldn't let my guard down. With one last look back at the menacing figure of Metal Sonic, I turned and continued my journey through the dark woods, determined to reach safety.

(Reader's pov)

I walked through the island at nighttime without a flashlight, wanting to check on how Amy was doing. Suddenly, I spotted her emerging from a thorn bush, barefoot with thorns stuck in her and dressed only in shorts and a blouse. Rushing to her side, I asked, "Amy, what are you doing here? Are you okay?" She winced in pain as I supported her with one hand, she shared how Metal Sonic had almost kept her hostage to wait for Eggman, but she managed to escape.

I guided her to Infinite's base and helped her into the medical room to tend to her bruises. As I removed thorns and applied bandages, she asked why I was on the island. "Just checking on you," I replied. As I finished, she weakly chuckled, "I never knew you were a doctor." We laughed together, and I assisted her to my room.

Infinite entered and demanded to know what happened. I explained how Metal Sonic had trapped Amy in her cabin but she escaped when Eggman arrived, and I found her. Infinite left, now understanding Amy's presence.

Amy described Metal Sonic as covered in blood and stickers, which puzzled me. Shortly after, I received a call from my worried parents, concerned about my safety during the revolution. Amy overheard and, after my conversation, commented on wishing to have parents. I found a box of stickers that captured her attention, making her excited.

Teasing her with the stickers, she playfully reacted, showing her fondness for them as she wagged her tail. Observing her innocent enjoyment, I couldn't help but smile at this silly hedgehog lost in her own world.