News, And Thoughts

(Amys POV)

In the dimming twilight, a sense of regret lingers as I reflect on the missed chance to spend time with Metal Sonic. He allowed me to add a few stickers to him before his departure. Sighing, I venture into the kitchen to repair the microwave, a casualty from its rough journey in the back of my car.

The impending tasks echo in my mind as I prepare for chores before venturing out to collect food through fishing. Despite having provisions in the fridge, a sudden call interrupts my thoughts – Infinite and someone labeled 'y/c' on the screen. "Has Metal Sonic visited your house?" they inquire urgently. I cautiously respond, "Is there something I should know?" Shadow, stern and to the point, demands a yes or no, emphasizing the gravity of the situation.

Infinite takes control of the conversation, revealing the potential threat to the world unleashed by Metal Sonic. Panic grips me as I admit, "Yes, he was here a few hours ago." Infinite chides, "You should have kept him there; he let out Eggman. It's no big deal, but you could have informed us." I stammer, attempting to steady my trembling hand holding the phone, "Yes, I should have... I should have told you." Infinite reassures, "We have it under control. Just notify us when you see him again." The call ends abruptly, leaving me shaken and uncertain.

As the sun sets and the temperature drops, I find solace at my desk. Amidst the chilling night, I immerse myself in drawing comics and reading, trying to escape the weight of the unexpected responsibility placed upon me.