four boys, one house

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗

✬˖༄ ♡ ࿐*✬

the words on sapnap's monitor seem to blend together the longer he looks at them.

his heartbeat feels weirdly high in his chest, and his stomach and throat both feel tight from so many hours of him not looking after himself.

it's not intentional neglect, sapnap is just hyper-focused on his work, constantly jumping between emails and coding and trying to finalise details for their app. you'd think, when three of them are sharing the workload, he would have more time to himself. yet, somehow, he seems to be the only one losing himself to the glare of his pc.

sapnap's stomach cramps, reminding him quite aggressively of how long it has been since he ate breakfast. the clock on his wall is ticking closer to six, and he'd had a particularly early morning today so it's been almost twelve hours.

reluctantly, he hauls himself out of his desk chair. more than anything, he wants to keep working and get everything done. to make it perfect. but he can't trust his own ability to focus when he's feeling like this.

the ravenette grabs his empty water bottle before making his way out of his bedroom.

they have an office in the house that they built to help with work, equipt with high-quality technology and a minifridge of stuff to keep them going during long work days, but sapnap rarely works in there.

working with your two best friends is a blessing, but it's a curse when it comes to getting distracted.

sapnap becomes so easily frustrated with how laid back his friends are, his busy brain insisting that they're not working hard enough, and it stresses him out enough that he thinks it's better if he works alone. the last thing he needs is more reasons to snap at the other boys.

sapnap glances into the lounge when he reaches the bottom of the stairs. some inappropriate cartoon is playing on their television, rattling off politically incorrect jokes and trying to hide them with pretty colours and simple animations. the sort of thing sapnap considers too simple to keep him entertained but, also, the sort of thing he would love to sit down and watch if he wasn't so busy all the time.

his gaze shifts to the couch, where he sees sam and ponk sprawled out together.

ponk is taking up the length of the couch, his back pressed against one armrest and his socked feet almost nudging the other. sam is pressed in beside him, curled slightly with his arm over the ravenette's waist. his head is lying gently over ponk's chest, his cheek smushed and hat shifted out of place.

sapnap wants to scoff at his best friend, who constantly insists he wears the pants in the relationship but then lets himself be held like a child whenever he thinks no one is around to see. if he was in a better mood, sapnap would take a photo for blackmail.

instead, the ravenette moves on to the kitchen to fill up his water bottle. he's desperate for a drink before he even thinks about getting food, and he manages to chug half of the bottle immediately, prompting him to refill it a second time.

this time, when he makes his way back to the lounge but actually enters, the scene before him has changed.

it's almost the same as before, except sam and ponk have switched positions so ponk is the cuddlee being fawned over. sapnap knows immediately that sam would've heard the tap running and asked his partner to move, and he has to hold back an amused scoff as he walks closer.